[comp.sys.amiga] Looking For BASIC compiler compatible with IBM BASICA

dlbaer@helm.UUCP (Dennis L. Baer) (12/11/86)

I am looking for a BASIC compiler which is compatible with IBM BASICA
or Microsoft MSBASIC. Of course it would run on your machine. I have
a BASIC program which implements a new programming language and that
program currently runs on MSDOS and PCDOS and is written in compiled
MSBASIC. I would like to get this program working on your machine.
The BASIC compiler must compile the RETURN x statement at the very least.
RETURN x statement is a return that returns to line x instead of a normal
subroutine return. Please send me private mail of any companies that make
such a compiler. I am aware of a company in NY called PHILON but their
compiler does not compile the RETURN x statement. Try again. My language
is called SPL, it is an alternative to PASCAL and C. The language processor
converts SPL to BASIC, and the BASIC program is then compiled for a particular
machine. Thank you.

--

Dennis Baer
516 694 5872

Author of The STRUCTURED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOR PCDOS/MSDOS available on
net.micro.pc on USENET, file SPLLIB.ARC on JERI HUG 516 334 8221
SPLLIB.ARC on fidonet nodes 1/11, 150/1, 107/211 ask sysop to reverse file
attach.

mikeb@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Mike Brenner SW) (12/17/86)

In article <169@helm.UUCP> dlbaer@helm.UUCP (Dennis L. Baer) writes:

>I am looking for a BASIC compiler which is compatible with IBM BASICA
>or Microsoft MSBASIC. Of course it would run on your machine.

Try ABSOFT. They are looking for a few good beta testers for the AmigaBASIC
compiler. While AmigaBASIC is a bit different than PC GWBASIC the translation
is usually under 1 hr unless you make use of 80 char lines and 25 line screens.
Then you will have some problems since AmigaBASIC cannot turn off borders.
ABSOFT is at 313-549-7111.