[comp.sys.amiga] hooking DF1: DF2: ...

zabot@pompeo.dec.com (Adv.Tech.Mgr-ACT Torino) (12/15/86)

Re:  re: hooking up DF2: , DF3:  (now: YES , you CAN !)

Yes, you can! I got TWO external drives, PANASONIC, with no external supply
working since few weeks with no problems. My one are home made ( a friend of
mine, not me , did it!) but there are also products available on the market
(Italian company name BYTEC ) for 500$ a couple.

If you're really interested let me know, and I'll try to squeeze the schema he
used out of his mind!

marco

stever@videovax.Tek.COM (Steven E. Rice, P.E.) (12/16/86)

In article <6926@decwrl.DEC.COM>, "marco" (zabot@pompeo.dec.com writes:

> Re:  re: hooking up DF2: , DF3:  (now: YES , you CAN !)
>
> Yes, you can! I got TWO external drives, PANASONIC, with no external supply
> working since few weeks with no problems.  . . .

Unless you consider burning up your Amiga's power supply to be a problem!
Commodore representatives have stated repeatedly on the net (and in the
instruction manual for the A1010 external drive) that the power supply in
the Amiga is designed to handle *one* external drive, only!

If you want to burn up *your* Amiga, I guess you know what you're doing,
right???  But please don't encourage other people, who lack the knowledge
required to make such a decision, to risk their machines!

					Steve Rice

{decvax | hplabs | ihnp4 | uw-beaver}!tektronix!videovax!stever

	Besides, I kind-of like the fact that my amiga can withstand
brownouts that would cripple any other computer.

				-Matt