[comp.sys.amiga] Reindeer Rumors

DAN09697@NUACC.BITNET (Daniel G. Rabe) (12/17/86)

This is from the December 8 *InfoWorld* column "Notes from the Field"
by Robert X. Cringely: rumors of the newest Commodore machine.

Cringely's source says it's a 68020 machine at 14MHz (for compatability
with NTSC television standards).  Up to 16Meg on-board memory, 1024x1024
pixel display with 32,000 colors -- non-interlaced.  Also is rumored to
have expansion slots, including support for IBM compatability (with an
80286).  Apparently targeted at the engineering workstation market.
Codename is Reindeer.

Anybody know anything more about this thing?

Daniel Rabe
DAN09697@NUACC.BITNET

In article <859@ulowell.UUCP> DAN09697@NUACC.BITNET (Daniel G. Rabe) writes:
>This is from the December 8 *InfoWorld* column "Notes from the Field"
>by Robert X. Cringely: rumors of the newest Commodore machine.
>
>Cringely's source says it's a 68020 machine at 14MHz (for compatability
>with NTSC television standards).  Up to 16Meg on-board memory, 1024x1024
>pixel display with 32,000 colors -- non-interlaced.  Also is rumored to
>have expansion slots, including support for IBM compatability (with an
>80286).  Apparently targeted at the engineering workstation market.
>Codename is Reindeer.
>
>Anybody know anything more about this thing?

Sounds good to me!  Where can I buy one?  Huh?  Commodore?  8-)

Seriously folks, doesn't the 16MB on-board memory suggest that this person
doesn't know too awfully much about the Amiga architecture?  This is not
to say that there isn't some neat stuff coming down the pipeline though...

BTW, it's been a long time since I've seen a copy of Infoworld around here,
maybe they've dropped all technical people from their subscription list?