[comp.sys.amiga] microGNUmacs

mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) (12/18/86)

> Well, you've been backspacing for nothing!  GNU will transpose the last
> two characters when the character following point (dot) is a new line.
> Hence, it is useful for correcting transpositions when typign
> in text.  Oh, and if you include elisp support, the code gets too
> large (but the name shrinks, from `microGNUemacs ' to `GNUemacs' :-).
>

> Tom Conte      University of Illinois

Gee, I didn't know that...and to think I read the entire GNUmacs
manual!  Looks like you learn something new every day.

Does Fish have microGNU version 1, or does he still have the beta
version?

| Mike Portuesi								     |
| Carnegie-Mellon University Computer Science Department		     |
|									     |
| ARPA: mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu						     |
| UUCP: {harvard | seismo | ucbvax | decwrl}!spice.cs.cmu.edu!mjp	     |
|									     |
| "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture"		     |
|			--Laurie Anderson, "Home of the Brave"		     |

mwm@eris.BERKELEY.EDU (Mike (Don't have strength to leave) Meyer) (12/27/86)

>Does Fish have microGNU version 1, or does he still have the beta
>version?

Fred has - and is distributing - mg vs 1a. The readme file claims it's
beta 0.4; the readme file is wrong.

As previously mentioned, there's also a bug in the browser on that
version. The fixes are in my mailbox, waiting for me to get around to
looking at them. After I do, I'll probably send another disk to Fred,
with all this in place.

Sigh. I'm glad I'm not having to do this for a living.

	<mike

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) (12/28/86)

In article <2060@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> mwm@eris.BERKELEY.EDU (Mike (Don't have strength to leave) Meyer) writes:
>Fred has - and is distributing - mg vs 1a. The readme file claims it's
>beta 0.4; the readme file is wrong.

True.  Unfortunately the correct readme file did not reach me until after
the first release of the disk, and I have a policy of not altering
disks once they are released (to avoid confusion).

-Fred

Fred Fish  Motorola Computer Division, 3013 S 52nd St, Tempe, Az 85282  USA
{seismo!noao!mcdsun,hplabs!well}!fnf    (602) 438-5976

stever@videovax.Tek.COM (Steven E. Rice, P.E.) (12/31/86)

In article <218@mcdsun.UUCP>, Fred Fish (fnf@mcdsun.UUCP) writes:

> In article <2060@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> Mike Meyer (mwm@eris.BERKELEY.EDU)
> writes:
>> Fred has - and is distributing - mg vs 1a. The readme file claims it's
>> beta 0.4; the readme file is wrong.
>
> True.  Unfortunately the correct readme file did not reach me until after
> the first release of the disk, and I have a policy of not altering
> disks once they are released (to avoid confusion).

How about posting the correct README file to the net?  Then it would
be trivial for anyone who so desires to add it to the disk (or replace
the original file).

					Steve Rice

{decvax | hplabs | ihnp4 | uw-beaver}!tektronix!videovax!stever

inews > 50% new material filler