[comp.sys.amiga] What are these libraries?

karsh@geowhiz.UUCP (Bruce Karsh) (12/30/86)

  Does anybody know what libs/version.library and libs/info.library
are?  I've looked for any reference to them in the 4 Addison-Wesley
manuals, in the Enhancer documentation, in the Lattice 3.10 C compiler
manual, and in the SYBEX Amiga Programmer's Handbook.

  (Of course it's in there somewhere.  I've probably just overlooked
it).

                   Thanks,

                   Bruce Karsh
--

Bruce Karsh
U. Wisc. Dept. Geology and Geophysics

wagner@utcs.UUCP (01/01/87)

In article <483@geowhiz.UUCP> karsh@geowhiz.UUCP (Bruce Karsh) writes:

>  Does anybody know what libs/version.library and libs/info.library
>are?  I've looked for any reference to them in the 4 Addison-Wesley
>manuals, in the Enhancer documentation, in the Lattice 3.10 C compiler
>manual, and in the SYBEX Amiga Programmer's Handbook.
>
>  (Of course it's in there somewhere.  I've probably just overlooked
>it).

Well, a quick tour through the docs didn't show them up for me either.
They, at least, are not in the index, nor in the libraries section.
What's the story, Commodore?

version.library seems to be related to the version DOS command.
What 'version' command, you say!  Well, yes, it isn't in the DOS manuals.
And it was there in v1.1, too.  I just checked.  Anyways, version seems to
call version.library to get the version of the software that you're running
on, rather than hard-coding it (not a bad idea, actually).

info.library seems to be most of the support code for the INFO menu item
on the workbench.  This was deduced by looking at the strings in the library
with TYPE x OPT H.

Michael

andy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (01/02/87)

In article <483@geowhiz.UUCP> karsh@geowhiz.UUCP (Bruce Karsh) writes:

>  Does anybody know what libs/version.library and libs/info.library
>are?
>                   Bruce Karsh

version.library contains the Workbench disk version number, which
both the CLL version command, and the Workbench (program) version
menu item use.

info.library contains the icon manipulating routines used
by programs that work under Workbench.

			andy finkel
--

			andy finkel
			Commodore/Amiga

"Never make anything simple and efficient when it can be complex and wonderful."