[comp.sys.amiga] Does PageSetter work well with an Okimate 20?

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (01/11/87)

Hi,

Does anyone out there know whether PageSetter (Gold Disk, Inc.)
produces decent-looking printed output on an Okimate 20 printer?

I'm interested in purchasing PageSetter, but since the only printer I
have is an Okimate 20, I'm wondering how the output will look.
(Especially since the PageSetter manual recommends Epson printers.)

Thanx in advance!!

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl

wagner@utcs.UUCP (01/12/87)

In article <317@linus.UUCP> sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) writes:
>Does anyone out there know whether PageSetter (Gold Disk, Inc.)
>produces decent-looking printed output on an Okimate 20 printer?
>
>I'm interested in purchasing PageSetter, but since the only printer I
>have is an Okimate 20, I'm wondering how the output will look.
>(Especially since the PageSetter manual recommends Epson printers.)

Well, I'll tell you...it looks better than a straight Epson printer, but
not as nice as the OKIMATE 20 printed characters.  The letters still look
chunky, like Epson graphic output.  The only real advantage that I can find
is that I imagine the stuff will photocopy better.  So far, I haven't
tried it, though.

Michael