[comp.sys.amiga] Help with new characters?

d@alice.UUCP (01/11/87)

While I'm working on my keymaps, I thought I'd give a shot at getting
any kind of an answer about fonts.

Can you put characters in the space between the regular character set
and the extended set? Specifically, I've put some extra characters
between 0x90 and 0x9f, but I cannot get them displayed outside of the
FontEditor. Do I have to replace characters in the extended character
set area at 0xa0 and beyond?

Thanks,

--
# Daniel Rosenberg (CE) AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill / Mi parolas Esperanton.
# disclaimer: These opinions are necessarily mine, not my employer's.

andy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (01/19/87)

In article <6525@alice.uUCp> d@alice.UUCP (Daniel Rosenberg) writes:
>While I'm working on my keymaps, I thought I'd give a shot at getting
>any kind of an answer about fonts.
>
>Can you put characters in the space between the regular character set
>and the extended set? Specifically, I've put some extra characters
>between 0x90 and 0x9f, but I cannot get them displayed outside of the
># Daniel Rosenberg (CE) AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill / Mi parolas Esperanton.

I don't recomment this in general.  If you add characters there they will
only be displayable with direct calls to the Text() routine, as
the console.device (ANSI) considers them control characters and deals
with them accordingly.

			andy finkel

--

			andy finkel
			Commodore/Amiga

"Never make anything simple and efficient when it can be complex and wonderful."