[comp.sys.amiga] Squeaky Mouse problem

ray@jimi.cs.unlv.edu (Ray Tripamer) (01/14/87)

My mouse squeaks horribly when I use it.  Does anyone know of a way to
fix it ? It doesn't affect the way the mouse works, but it is annoying
to hear the stupid thing every time I move it.

Thanks.
--
Ray Tripamer
CSNET:	ray%JIMI.CS.UNLV.EDU@relay.cs.net

mwm@eris.BERKELEY.EDU (Mike Meyer) (01/19/87)

In article <416@jimi.cs.unlv.edu> ray@jimi.UUCP (Ray Tripamer) writes:
>My mouse squeaks horribly when I use it.  Does anyone know of a way to
>fix it ? It doesn't affect the way the mouse works, but it is annoying
>to hear the stupid thing every time I move it.

I've had several different problems with my mouse; noisy, and missing
motion. The solution to both was the same:

Flip the mouse, and pull down on the two spots marked with glyphs
indicating they should be pulled down. Turn the mouse back over (into
the palm of your hand); the ball in the mouse and the piece of plastic
you just slid down will fall into your hands. Now, get a several
q-tips and some alcohol, and clean the three metal rollers inside the
mouse. Reverse the dissasmbly procedure, and see how it works.

	<mike