[comp.sys.amiga] path, search

PKG.SPARKMAN@MCC.COM (Aubrey Sparkman) (01/16/87)

Cc: COMP.SYS.AMIGA@MILANO.SW.MCC.COM

Hi,

I read your message, so I can confirm that your messages are making it to
comp.sys.amiga here in austin,texas (?from Ottawa, Canada?).

You also bring up another point which I hope gets discussed on the net.  That
is "what ever disk happens to be in to be in the drive"  and a similar issue:
I wish (maybe I just don't Know how to) I had the ability to cd (change dir)
to my choice of DFx, dhx, ram:, or mydisk: or C:.  Currently, when I cd df0:
the system actually cd's to the disk volume that happened to be in df0: (an
error in my book).

I disclaim everything including disclaimers.

Aubrey sparkman

arpa:	pkg.sparkman@mcc.com
-------

pete@topaz.berkeley.edu (01/19/87)

In article <12271414926.57.PKG.SPARKMAN@MCC.COM> PKG.SPARKMAN@MCC.COM (Aubrey Sparkman) writes:

>[...discussion of disks and directories..]...
>I wish (maybe I just don't Know how to) I had the ability to cd (change dir)
>to my choice of DFx, dhx, ram:, or mydisk: or C:.  Currently, when I cd df0:
>the system actually cd's to the disk volume that happened to be in df0: (an
>error in my book).
>Aubrey sparkman
>
>arpa:	pkg.sparkman@mcc.com
>-------

I much prefer that when I type "cd df0:" the system goes to the currently
inserted disk, rather than some previously existing one.  I have a simple
dodge that I use a lot: if for example you have a work directory you want
to keep coming back to, simply do an "assign w: df1:mywork" or whatever,
then whenever you want that particular directory just refer to it as "w:".
Saves a lot of typing.
                                            -- Pete G. --