[comp.sys.amiga] ShowILBM doesn't let you look for long.

flaps@utcsri.UUCP (Alan J Rosenthal) (01/12/87)

The version of ShowILBM I have lets you see the picture for about five
seconds and then clears it.  Are the people with the source willing to give
it to me or modify it, or has someone done so, or what?  In other words,
what is the status of this program, and am I missing anything completely,
like a keypress which holds the picture?

ajr

carolyn@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Carolyn Scheppner) (01/19/87)

In article <3909@utcsri.UUCP> flaps@utcsri.UUCP (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:

>The version of ShowILBM I have lets you see the picture for about five
>seconds and then clears it.  Are the people with the source willing to give
>it to me or modify it, or has someone done so, or what?  In other words,
>what is the status of this program, and am I missing anything completely,
>like a keypress which holds the picture?

   Perhaps you are missing your Amiga Rom Kernel manual.  ShowILBM is
public domain and available from many sources.  If you plan to do any
modifications, get the stuff ON DISK.  There are MANY IFF modules and
headers required to compile the IFF examples.

   - Rom Kernel manual (A-W Exec volume or our old 1.1 volume 2)
   - Fish Disk (#16 ?)
   - IFF docs and disk available from Commodore (some fixes since Fish 16)
        ($20 check made out to Commodore Business Machines)
        Kim Montgomery
        Software Tech Support
        CBM
        1200 Wilson Drive
        West Chester, PA.  19380
        (ask for IFF docs and disk, include your name & address)

   ShowILBM has always done a quicky display.  SeeILBM displays the pic
in a screen until you close it.  The version of SeeILBM on our IFF disk
is newer than that on Fish 16.  An even better version, ViewILBM,
is on Fish Disk 44.  It uses the most recent IFF code which I modified
to handle HAM ILBM's.

carolyn

Carolyn Scheppner -- CBM   >>Amiga Technical Support<<
                     UUCP  ...{allegra,caip,ihnp4,seismo}!cbmvax!carolyn
                     PHONE 215-431-9180