[comp.sys.amiga] Fixes for Dave W.'s, et al's SC or VC or...

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (01/19/87)

Hi group,

OK, whatever you want to call the mini spreadsheet, there are a
couple of # defines that make the @avg function act goofy.  [v|s]c
works as posted (for the moment, I compiled it on bsd4.2, as I
don't have the Manx compiler).  What you have to enter for the @avg
function is @ave.  When you cursor back to the cell, it will tell
you that you typed @avg.  The help screen also says that you have
to enter @avg.

To fix this, change the following lines, so that you'll enter @avg.
Also, you'll need to fix the manual to mention @avg; find the line
in the manual yourself:

experres.h, line 4
former value:
    "AVG", K_AVE,
new value:
    "AVG", K_AVG,

y.tab.h, line 31
former value:
# define K_AVE 278
new value:
# define K_AVG 278

gram.c, line 34
former value:
# define K_AVE 278
new value:
# define K_AVG 278

Also, for 4.2bsd, you should do the indicated changes in the
makefile, and also change the following:

former:
vc:    $(OBJS)
	ln .....

new:
vc:    $(OBJS)
       cc -o vc $(OBJS)

Thanks much to Dave W.for supplying the minicurses.  This makes vc,
or whatever you ought to call it, run a heck of a lot faster on our
time sharing system.  Also thanks Dave, for making the change to
get more accurate computation of long numbers.

My apologies, if you guys think the above changes were self
evident, but I had to do a just a bit of head scratching...

  --Bill

Bill Mayhew
Division of Basic Medical Sciences
Northeastern Ohio Universities' College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH  44272  USA    phone:  216-325-2511
(wtm@neoucom.UUCP    ...!cbatt!neoucom!wtm)

stever@videovax.Tek.COM (Steven E. Rice, P.E.) (01/20/87)

In article <362@neoucom.UUCP>, Bill Mayhew (wtm@neoucom.UUCP) writes:

> . . .

> My apologies, if you guys think the above changes were self
> evident, but I had to do a just a bit of head scratching...

Please, Bill (and all the rest of you wonderful people), keep posting the
fixes!  It makes life a whole lot easier. . .

					Steve Rice

{decvax | hplabs | ihnp4 | uw-beaver}!tektronix!videovax!stever