[comp.sys.amiga] What programs use the keymap?

andy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (01/21/87)

In article <3955@utcsri.UUCP> flaps@utcsri.UUCP (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:

>I am interested in the idea of typing in Dvorak as an experiment on myself
>in several ways.
>ajr

Using V1.2, the Dvorak keymap is supplied on the Workbench disk.
It is called usa2.  To turn it on, use the Setmap command, either
from a CLI or from Workbench (your choice; see V1.2 Enhancer manual
for details)

The Dvorak keymap was also posted to the net about 6 months ago.
I'll email you a copy.  To make a keymap you need to use an
assembler;  the example is assembler source for the keymap.

		good luck,
		andy finkel
--

			andy finkel
			Commodore/Amiga

"Never make anything simple and efficient when it can be complex and wonderful."

farren@hoptoad.uucp (Mike Farren) (01/23/87)

In article <3955@utcsri.UUCP> flaps@utcsri.UUCP (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:

>I am interested in the idea of typing in Dvorak as an experiment on myself
>in several ways.  (Details by e-mail, of course!)  I have read the stuff about
>setting the keymap in the RKM, but with the quality of documentation there
>plus my newness to the Amiga I expect to put in a fair bit of work to achieve
>Dvorakhood.

Not too hard - just "setkey usa2" will do it.  The usa2 keymap is Dvorak, and
is documented in the 1.2 Enhancer documentation.  You can't make the keycaps
work, though, as the punctuation characters are vastly different.  Maybe
Commodore (hi, there, guys :-) will sell Dvorak keycaps if we ask real nice.

--
                 "... if the church put in half the time on covetousness