[comp.sys.amiga] CES drivel / Computer Wars

mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu.UUCP (01/26/87)

afo@s.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Alan Davis) writes:

>In article <1274@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>>Gee Neil, you should have come over to the Commodore booth - we were online,
>>matter of fact we wouldn't have come if we had to stay off the net for more
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>than a day or two.
>
>Oh grow up George. Don't you have anything else better to do with your time?

Why don't *you* grow up and stop wasting *my* time.  The more I
realize that my time is important the less tolerance I have for
childish bickering like yours.  You're exactly the person you accuse
Mr. Robbins of being.

>Like maybe improving some aspect of the Amiga?  Neil is a busy man and
>obviously has more important things to worry about than arranging Usenet
>access for a couple of days. After all, I'm sure he could have dialed up
>just like you probably did. I guess everyone now knows where Commodore's
>priorities lie.

If their proirities lie with maintaining access to the net to provide
support and information to the developers on this forum, then that's
okay with me.  I'm willing to bet that the Commodore people were just
as busy as Neil.

>Also, I gather that Neil was not the only one who didn't "stop by" the
>Commodore booth. After all, he was too busy talking to people to stop by.
>You and the other boys must have had plenty of time to read rec.humor (or is
>that comp.sys.amiga?).
>
>Why don't you stay in your own newsgroup and leave us alone unless you have
>something useful to say?

Good advice.  Why don't *you* follow it as well.

Let's end the "my computer is better than your computer" war **NOW**.
I don't look forward to hearing "my computer X can do Y that your
computer Z can't do"  for the next month or so.

>PPPPPPPPP	Alan Davis
>PPPPPPPPPP      Purdue University Computing Center

| Mike Portuesi / Carnegie Mellon University Computer Science Department     |
| ARPA: mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu						     |
| UUCP: {harvard | seismo | ucbvax | decwrl}!spice.cs.cmu.edu!mjp	     |
| ``Amiga hackers do it graphically, with lots of sound effects''	     |