[comp.sys.amiga] Kermit in server mode

uh2@psuvm.bitnet.UUCP (01/25/87)

I am failing to get Wecker's Vt100 2.03 Kermit to work with the Kermit
on a VM/CMS mainfram (PSUVM).

Amigoids:  Is Vt100 kermit broken?

Nittanites:  Is CMS Kermit broken?

I put CMS Kermit into server mode, and try to send or get from Vt100,
but nothing happens.  Vt100 tries a few times, and then times out.  Also,
little #!N4 and #!N3 messges appear from time to time.

Any advice welcome.  Trancs in advance.

stever@videovax.UUCP (01/27/87)

In article <9839UH2@PSUVM>, UH2@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

> I am failing to get Wecker's Vt100 2.03 Kermit to work with the Kermit
> on a VM/CMS mainfram (PSUVM).

> . . .

> I put CMS Kermit into server mode, and try to send or get from Vt100,
> but nothing happens.  Vt100 tries a few times, and then times out.  Also,
> little #!N4 and #!N3 messges appear from time to time.

If you don't have success with VT100 Kermit, try Amiga Kermit.  I am
using version 4D(060), which works like a charm.  (A few small bugs,
but exceedingly minor.  Version 4D(061) is available, and I hope to
have it soon.)

Amiga Kermit is available from the Software Distillery, and the files
are available from Oklahoma State by uucp or Kermit.  (See newsgroup
mod.protocols.kermit for more information about Kermit and how to
get it.)

					Steve Rice

{decvax | hplabs | ihnp4 | uw-beaver}!tektronix!videovax!stever

jxc@rayssd.UUCP (01/27/87)

In article <9839UH2@PSUVM>, UH2@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

> I am failing to get Wecker's Vt100 2.03 Kermit to work with the Kermit
> on a VM/CMS mainfram (PSUVM).
>
> Amigoids:  Is Vt100 kermit broken?

Possibly, if you are using even or mark parity.  The VT100 program is looking
for the SOH character as '\x01', under even or mark parity it will come through
as '\x81'.  Since '\x01' != '\x81' it times out.  I don't have the source
code handy at the moment, so if you need the exact fixes let me know and I
will email them to you.  I think I posted this once before along with some
Right-Amiga command sequences.  As I recall, someone else out there also
couldn't get 'Right-Amiga N' to work.  Anyone found a fix yet?

     /^^^/
   /  !/ Jeffrey Jay Clesius                              !\
  /   /  Raytheon Submarine Signal Division               !_\  /^^^/
 /   /!  1847 West Main Road,  Mail Stop 188                 !/   /
 ^^^^ !  Portsmouth, RI  02871-1087  (401) 847-8000 (X4015)  /   /
      !  {allegra, decvax!brunix, linus} rayssd!jxc         /!  /
                                                          /   /
                                                          ^^^^