[comp.sys.amiga] CES Summary

afo@s.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (01/23/87)

In article <1274@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>Gee Neil, you should have come over to the Commodore booth - we were online,
>matter of fact we wouldn't have come if we had to stay off the net for more
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>than a day or two.

Oh grow up George. Don't you have anything else better to do with your time?
Like maybe improving some aspect of the Amiga?  Neil is a busy man and
obviously has more important things to worry about than arranging Usenet
access for a couple of days. After all, I'm sure he could have dialed up
just like you probably did. I guess everyone now knows where Commodore's
priorities lie.

Also, I gather that Neil was not the only one who didn't "stop by" the
Commodore booth. After all, he was too busy talking to people to stop by.
You and the other boys must have had plenty of time to read rec.humor (or is
that comp.sys.amiga?).

Why don't you stay in your own newsgroup and leave us alone unless you have
something useful to say?

PPPPPPPPP	Alan Davis
PPPPPPPPPP      Purdue University Computing Center
  PP     PP
  PP     PP     Usenet: {backbone}!pur-ee!s.cc.purdue.edu!afo
  PPPPPPPP      BITNET: ADAVIS@PURCCVM
  PPPPPPP
  PP
  PP            Disclaimer: I don't agree with Purdue's opinions,
PPPPPP                      they don't agree with mine.
PPPPPP

jons@islenet.UUCP (01/28/87)

In article <44@s.cc.purdue.edu> afo@s.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Alan Davis) writes:
>In article <1274@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>>Gee Neil, you should have come over to the Commodore booth - we were online,
>>matter of fact we wouldn't have come if we had to stay off the net for more
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>than a day or two.
>
>Oh grow up George. Don't you have anything else better to do with your time?
>Like maybe improving some aspect of the Amiga?  Neil is a busy man and
>obviously has more important things to worry about than arranging Usenet
>access for a couple of days. After all, I'm sure he could have dialed up

Pretty strong words there -- sounds like a Bible thumping Atarist to me.
I am agreeing with you, but I think you should have put a **FLAME ON**
to warn us (or George) at the beginning. Is Purdue getting to you? Is it
still as boring as I remember? Do you like corn? Is the Engineering mall
building still there? Will Commodore last the year? Should Atari buy out
the Amiga? Tune in tomorrow for the continuing saga...

Aloha,

Jonathan Spangler
{ihnp4,vortex,dual}!islenet!jons

hutch@sdcsvax.UUCP (02/02/87)

In article <3069@islenet.UUCP> jons@islenet.UUCP (Jonathan Spangler) writes:
?In article <44@s.cc.purdue.edu> afo@s.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Alan Davis) writes:
?>In article <1274@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
?>>Gee Neil, you should have come over to the Commodore booth - we were online,
?>>matter of fact we wouldn't have come if we had to stay off the net for more
?>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
?>>than a day or two.
?>
?>Oh grow up George. Don't you have anything else better to do with your time?
?>...
?Pretty strong words there -- sounds like a Bible thumping Atarist to me.
?I am agreeing with you, but I think you should have put a **FLAME ON**
?to warn us (or George) at the beginning.

Oh George, may the great protector ":-)" open up upon your postings and protect
you from the rabble and these fine gentlemen :-).  Seriously folks, the Amiga
is a fine computer which is just getting its stride.  All this hope for the
atari is nice, but come on the amiga is a small business machine for the techno
age.  Small bands, tv commercial graphics, teleprompters, computers for the
blind, desktop publishing, etc..  Please pardon my enthusiasm, it may be
excessive.  There are many possibilities here.

--
    Jim Hutchison   		UUCP:	{dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!hutch
		    		ARPA:	Hutch@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu