[comp.sys.amiga] Developers. ASDG. Zorro. A Finkel

mjw@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu.UUCP (02/10/87)

How does one get the developers info? It seems as if it might be useful to
have if I ever get time to start hacking c again.

Could someone from ASDG give me a list of prices and facilities of their
expansion products.

Where does one get a copy of the Zorro autoconfig standard, I want to make
myself a little a-d converter board, and I find that, despite having
shelled out a small fortune for the Hardware ref manual etc, it contains
little useful information which would allow me to contemplate even such
an unambitious project.

To Dr Finkel:
Re AMIGA mode in AmigaTerm. This is one of the options (along with
VT100) in the emulation list. I assumed that it was a colour terminal, or
allowed multiple fonts, or faster cursor adressing, or something. If it isn't
some sort of fancy terminal mode, what is it for.

P.S. Any chance of adding a (proper) kermit mode to AmigaTerm. Xmodem crashes
the front end of CMUs CS vaxen. Kermit works (but only if you set very small
packet sizes - something Dave W's VT100 emulator can't do). Oh yes, and a
script mode would be nice, and and and...

Michael.Witbrock@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu
US Mail: Michael Witbrock
         Dept of Computer Science
         Carnegie Mellon University
         Pittsburgh PA 15213-6890
         USA
Telephone : (412) 268 3621 [Office]
            (412) 681 3806 [Home]

Be good, be kind, in whatever you say and do, and remember: keep cool
till after school. (Ollie Olsen, TVNZ Kids Programme host).

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (02/11/87)

In article <36@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu> mjw@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Michael Witbrock) writes:
>How does one get the developers info?
The Rom Kernal and Intuition manuals have been published by A/W, and are
available in most finer bookstores.  As is the AmigaDOS manual, published
by Bantam.

You can also write for information on the Amiga Developers program to
Kim Montgomery
Amiga Developer Support
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

For C work both the latest Lattice (3.10) and Manx have their vocal
advocates.  (At home I use either, depending on what I'm trying to
do.  At work, I use Greenhills, on a Sun)

>Where does one get a copy of the Zorro autoconfig standard,
Write to Kim at the above address, enclose $20, and ask for the
Amiga Expansion Specs.
>To Dr Finkel: I want to make
nope, just mister
>Re AMIGA mode in AmigaTerm. This is one of the options (along with
>VT100) in the emulation list.
This uses the Amiga character set, rather than the V100 character set,
giving you access to those foreign characters above ASCII char 160.
Other than that (and the identification string, if I remember correctly)
its the same.

>P.S. Any chance of adding a (proper) kermit mode to AmigaTerm.
Maybe next version.  It depends on sales of the product...
--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore/Amiga		 /or/ pyramid!amiga!andy }

"Do not meddle with the affairs of wizards, for it makes them soggy and hard
to light."