[comp.sys.amiga] VT100 V2.4/Lattice V3.10

jxc@rayssd.UUCP (02/10/87)

Several questions:
  a. Was V2.4 of VT100 posted to Usenet?  I got a copy from a local BBS.
  b. Has anyone compiled V2.4 using Lattice V3.10?
  c. How do you determine the base address of a task (program) in order
     to use the load map from Blink?

   I am getting address exceptions (Guru #00000003) at a consistent address.
The error occurs in the fopen of the 'vt100.init' file in InitDefaults;
it also occurs elsewhere (not sure where) if I comment out the initialization
from 'vt100.init'.  In that version, the VT100 window will appear and upon
closing the window I THEN get the guru alert, same exception, same address.
However, if I try to reduce the problem by isolating InitDefaults with a
dummy main, it executes without problem.  Something is trashing something?
The only comile time messages are the usual (illegal function return value)
warnings.  The order of linkage is alphabetical (i.e., cc -o vt100 expand.o \
init.o kermit.o remote.o script.o vt100.o window.o xmodem.o).  The executable
that came with the source on the BBS executes correctly, but the makefile
was for Manx.  Yes, the '#define LATTICE 1' is in vt100.h!

   I don't have a debugger, nor access to a 9600-baud terminal for Wack.
Can someone help out?  (AtDhVaAnNkCsE!)

Related info: V1.2 of Workbench, C-Ltd 1 Meg board, Fred Fish CC for V3.10,
              brown hair, blue eyes, 5' 11", 155 lbs., answers to "Hey, you!".
   |  Jeffrey Jay Clesius,  Raytheon Submarine Signal Division    |
   |  1847 West Main Road,  Mail Stop 188                         |
   |  Portsmouth, RI  02871-1087  (401) 847-8000 (X4015)          |
   |  { allegra | gatech | mirror | raybed2 } -----\              |
   |  { linus   | ihnp4  | uiucdcs } --------------->!rayssd!jxc  |

mwm@eris.UUCP (02/11/87)

In article <647@rayssd.RAY.COM> jxc@rayssd.RAY.COM (Jeffrey J. Clesius) writes:
>Several questions:
>  a. Was V2.4 of VT100 posted to Usenet?  I got a copy from a local BBS.

Yes - that's where I got my copy.

>  b. Has anyone compiled V2.4 using Lattice V3.10?

Yes. A couple of people pointed out the problem when I asked about it.
You have to change all occurences of the routine d{open,close,next} to
dir{open,close,next} (well, not all, but you might as well to be
consistent). One of these days, I'll find my ANSI DRAFT C Standard,
and decide if this is a bug (it oughta be!).

I've got patch files to do this, plus add mouse support code to 2.4.
DBW has a copy of that, plus the elisp for GNU to make use of the
mouse support. I haven't posted it to the net because the mouse code
doesn't handle quit's at all.

	<mike