[comp.sys.amiga] Help on my new computer purchase

mahoney@utcsscb.UUCP (03/11/87)

<<<<warning this line can be hazardous to untrained line eaters>>>

	Hi,

	I am interested in buying a new computer. I can't decide
	between the mac, the atari.st, or the amiga. Could anyone
	PLEASE MAIL me!!!! info (good and bad) on all or any of
	these machines.
					Thanks

					Joe

	mahoney@utcsscb@gpu.utcs	{utai,mentor@seismo,decvax}

nick@utcsscb.UUCP (03/11/87)

In article <572@utcsscb.UUCP> mahoney@utcsscb.UUCP (J.Mahoney) writes:

><<<<warning this line can be hazardous to untrained line eaters>>>
>
>	Hi,
>
>	I am interested in buying a new computer. I can't decide
>	between the mac, the atari.st, or the amiga. Could anyone
>	PLEASE MAIL me!!!! info (good and bad) on all or any of
>	these machines.
>					Thanks
>
>					Joe
>
>	mahoney@utcsscb@gpu.utcs	{utai,mentor@seismo,decvax}

	Haven't we had enough of this???

		Nick

frazier@cti.UUCP (03/13/87)

In article <573@utcsscb.UUCP>, nick@utcsscb.UUCP writes:
> In article <572@utcsscb.UUCP> mahoney@utcsscb.UUCP (J.Mahoney) writes:
> >	between the mac, the atari.st, or the amiga. Could anyone
> >	PLEASE MAIL me!!!! info (good and bad) on all or any of
> >					Thanks
> >					Joe
> 	Haven't we had enough of this???
> 		Nick

OK, I've been watching this crap long enough!  Nick, don't you get off
of your high horse and drop back into the pit you crawled out of!
If YOU had BOTHERED TO READ the posting that Joe sent, you WOULD have
noticed that Joe requested that anyone with information MAIL him.
Not a general request to start the "brand-wars" again.

Yes, as you've guessed, this IS a PUBLIC flame.

Yes, I KNOW that it's not generally considered proper netiquette to
flame someone publicly, but I've seen too much of this attitude of
being rude to those with the most reasonable questions.  Not everyone
has been reading this (or other) groups since the beginning of time,
nor can they be expected to make a purchasing decision based upon
what has been said in the "brand-wars".

The response above is not only to Nick, but to all of the other
people out there who have helped this group degenerate to it's current
point.

On the OTHER HAND, I Heartily thank those who have repeatedly
tried to HELP those out here with questions, and propose solutions to
the wide range of subjects presented over the past 18-20 months I have
been reading this (and the previous incarnation of this) newsgroup.

--rick
--
DISCLAIMER: The foregoing is the result of a brain frazzled by the effects of
insufficient sleep and a noisy phone line, and in no way reflects the opinion