[comp.sys.amiga] Trouble with modified Manx 3.20a and Fred Fish's Debug.

erikj@tekla.UUCP (03/14/87)

I am having trouble using Fred Fish's Debug package with Manx 3.20a.

What happen is when I compile a program with the debug package and
try to run it with the -# flag (interface to debug package) argc only
contains 2 despite the fact that I passed more arguments.  As far as
I can figure either DBUG_ENTER or DBUG_PROCESS some how modifies argc.

My compilier is Manx 3.20a that has been modified to run under 1.2 including
patches to c.lib, c32.lib, and cc.  I am compiling using the +l (32 bit int)
flag and linking with c32.lib and dbug.lib (which I also compilied with
32 bit int).  I am using the dbug package off of Fish disk #41.

One other problem I noticed is that DBUG_OFF does not turn the dbug package
off.  The following does not work :

#define 	DEBUG_OFF 1
#include	<local/dbug.h>

The DEBUG_OFF flag does not appear to be set as far as the included dbug.h
file is concerned and still expands the macros.  I also tried defining
the DBUG_OFF flag on the compilier invocation line, but to no avail.
The only solution I found was to place the DEBUG_OFF flag directly into
the dbug.h include file.  Is this due to a bug in the compilier?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I feel that the dbug package can
be of great use, and thus would like to use it.

		-Erik
			(tektronix!tekla!erikj)

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) (03/16/87)

[I tried responding to the poster via email but it was rejected somewhere
 along the line...]

In article <1383@zeus.TEK.COM> erikj@tekla.tek.com.tek.com (Erik Johannes) writes:
>What happen is when I compile a program with the debug package and
>try to run it with the -# flag (interface to debug package) argc only
>contains 2 despite the fact that I passed more arguments.  As far as
>I can figure either DBUG_ENTER or DBUG_PROCESS some how modifies argc.

I presume you are adding the dbug control string after the "-#".  I don't
know any way the macros could modify argc.

>One other problem I noticed is that DBUG_OFF does not turn the dbug package
>off.  The following does not work :
>
>#define 	DEBUG_OFF 1
>#include	<local/dbug.h>

Did you really mean "DBUG_OFF" rather than "DEBUG_OFF"?  This is strange.

-Fred

Fred Fish  Motorola Computer Division, 3013 S 52nd St, Tempe, Az 85282  USA
{seismo!noao!mcdsun,hplabs!well}!fnf    (602) 438-5976