[comp.sys.amiga] 1Meg Squeeze-Ram 19.95 without RAM

daemon@rutgers.UUCP (03/11/87)

From: Thomka.OsbuSouth@Xerox.COM

Just ordered a new RAM addition for my Amiga.  I am not connected to
this company in ANY way. just wanted to share the info.

It is called Squeeze-Ram, made by:
Aminetics
P.O. Box 982-205
Whittier, CA;  90608
(213) 698-6170, talk to Chris Irving

The benefits for this memory are:
The 1Mb is internal to the Amiga case (now have a 1.5Mb Amiga);
Uses the Amiga power (which is more than adequate);
Doesn't interfere with any other memory or hardware (mem addr is 0Cxxxxx
range)
   (same as used in the memory of the A2000);
Fits BETWEEN the KickRam daughter board and the motherboard;
No additional fly-wires used, picks up all connections by just being
plugged in;
No hacking of your Amiga (no trace cutting, no soldering to it, etc);
It is auto-configuring;
Installation is less than 30 minutes (if you're very slow);
Price without the RAM is $119.95

disadvantages:
It is sold as a kit, without the RAM.

BUT!
But other parts are supplied.  It will take about 3-4 hours in putting
it together.  All the chips are installed on sockets so there is less
chance of your burning up a chip.

	Chuck

philip@dalcsug.UUCP (03/18/87)

In article <1143@rutgers.RUTGERS.EDU> daemon@rutgers.UUCP writes:
>From: Thomka.OsbuSouth@Xerox.COM
>
>Just ordered a new RAM addition for my Amiga.  I am not connected to
>It is called Squeeze-Ram, made by:

Has anyone out there actually recieved and tried this product?
I am just about this far (fingers very close together) from performing
the .5 MEG hack in Amazing Computing (which has been performed by 10 people
in out users group with success - BTW) but I am warry about future
upgrades and also don't like the idea of it being semi-chip ram.
Is this product FAST or PSEUDO-FAST ram??  Has anyone ran RAMSPEED on it??
and can you add other peripherals with it without running out of power?

What does a poor student have to do to get cheap ram (without risk) ?
(you may ,if you wish, replace "student" with "Amiga owner" -  we are all
in this together)

Peter Philip.