[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaWorld Audio article ... maybe

kim@amdahl.UUCP (03/21/87)

[ "Send lawyers, guns, and money ..." ]

At the March BADGE meeting last night, Rob Peck was soliciting input
on an easy-to-use, fundemental set of audio.device manipulation routines
that he's implementing.

This came about as the result of a discussion he had with the AmigaWorld
folks at The Commodore Show in San Francisco last month.  They are
planning an issue devoted to Audio (June/July?), and told Rob that if
could submit a contribution before March 23rd, they would consider it
for inclusion in that issue.

Now the point of this posting ... the draft of the article Rob had with
him last night was 20+ pages long ... much of it quite technical, and it
included lots of C source code.  Just the kind of stuff *I* would like to
see AmigaWorld publish but haven't seen yet.

If *YOU* want to see this kind of in-depth, *technical* coverage in
AmigaWorld, I urge you to write to the AmigaWorld Editor and express your
interest in having them publish Rob's article ... they may even listen!

Now, can someone explain why, if there are only 2 or 3 times as many ST's
as Amigas, why are there 10-15 ST publications, and only 3 dedicated to
Amy (AmigaWorld, Amazing Computing, and Ami Project)?  Grrrrr ...

    <Please, start no "wars" on the above rhetorical question!>

BTW, I'd like to "third" (4th, 5th, ...) the recommendation of Rob's
book, "Programmer's Guide to the Amiga" ... it's really good!  And if
any of you are having trouble finding it, you might give the Computer
Literacy Bookstore (here in Sunnyvale, CA) a call.  They have it in
stock, and do alot of mail-order business [ph: 408-730-9955].

Disclaimer: Rob has no idea I'm posting this, and I get no kick-backs
            on his book sales.  I have no connection with Computer
            Literacy except as a customer (but I *wish* I could buy some
            stock in them!).  Etc., etc., etc!

/kim

P.S.  Hey Duck, Jimm, -=RJ=-, Carl, ... when we gonna see some books from
      you guys?

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,seismo,oliveb,cbosgd}!amdahl!kim

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]

farren@hoptoad.UUCP (03/21/87)

In article <5948@amdahl.UUCP> kim@amdahl.UUCP (Kim DeVaughn) writes:

>Now, can someone explain why, if there are only 2 or 3 times as many ST's
>as Amigas, why are there 10-15 ST publications, and only 3 dedicated to
>Amy (AmigaWorld, Amazing Computing, and Ami Project)?  Grrrrr ...

Because we've got documentation? :-)
(Sorry, just couldn't resist...)

--
                 "... if the church put in half the time on covetousness