[comp.sys.amiga] JAUG Meeting

lachac@topaz.UUCP (03/21/87)

In article <10303@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) writes:
>In article <634@bcsaic.UUCP> randy@bcsaic.UUCP (Randy Groves) writes:
>>had previously committed to exposing it elsewhere in the US first.  Sigh.
>>-randy groves - Boeing Advanced Technology Center
>
>Well, it's because the Jersey Amiga User's Group got to see it
>tonight.  We also saw a running version of the A500!  It was quite
>impressive, (check your local magazines for more info) and such a
>deal!  The only thing I wasn't thrilled by was that the A500's power
>switch is on the external power supply (which is probably a
>cost-cutting measure, no?).  Thanks to Jeff Porter and George Robbins
>for coming out to the meeting.

What I found extremely interesting was the fact that Jeff Porter mentioned
about the A500 sales.  It seems Bally's and two other big video arcade
manufacturers have contracted to purchase a bunch of the A500 boards to
use in their next generation of video arcade games.

Now that's showing confidence in the A500!!
(hmmm, perhaps in a year's time we'll see some REAL arcade quality hits at
home!  After all we'll all be running on the same hardware...)

	"Isn't fun the best thing to have?"

			lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu