[comp.sys.amiga] Help with Set Map

davidlo@madvax.UUCP (03/21/87)

   A while ago a posting recommended using Set Map in 1.2 to get the
   keyboard working properly with OnLine!.  I've tried that, followed
   the instruction in the 1.2 Enchancer Manual, but that did not get
   OnLine! to work properly.

   Any idea? Suggestions?

--
David Lo   (415)939-2400                                          /\  o
Varian Instruments, 2700 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598     \/

lachac@topaz.UUCP (03/21/87)

In article <513@madvax.UUCP> davidlo@madvax.UUCP (David Lo) writes:

>   A while ago a posting recommended using Set Map in 1.2 to get the
>   keyboard working properly with OnLine!.  I've tried that, followed
>   the instruction in the 1.2 Enchancer Manual, but that did not get
>   OnLine! to work properly.

>   Any idea? Suggestions?

The easiest way to do this is to do what I do.  In your startup-sequence
on your Online! disk, try inserting the following command:

		setmap usa0

It works for me, plus you don't have to remember to do it each time.

BTW, has anyone heard of any upgrade to Online! yet??  I heard rumor that
a new version was do out.  Any word on new features???? (like kermit, better
vt100, maybe tektronix emulations?)

	"Isn't fun the best thing to have?"

			lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu

rjg@nis.UUCP (Robert J. Granvin) (03/22/87)

In article <10306@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) writes:
>BTW, has anyone heard of any upgrade to Online! yet??  I heard rumor that
>a new version was do out.  Any word on new features???? (like kermit, better
>vt100, maybe tektronix emulations?)

Last time I talked with them, the manufacturer stated that they hoped
to have an updated version available to registered members by the end
of February, if at all possible.  Since we're at the end of March, I
assume it will be made available shortly.

The only upgrades I know of (since I didn't ask) is that it will now
handle speeds of over 1200 baud correctly.  (Right now, speeds of over
1200 will have throughput of 1200 to the screen, so 2400 baud serves
you no real purpose... neat.)

--
 Robert J. Granvin                                 UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!nis!rjg
 Programmer/Analyst - Technical Services            ATT: (612) 894-9494