[comp.sys.amiga] expansion port on left hand side

	Does this mean you reversed the pin numberings so normal expansion
boxes can still be plugged into the A500?

				-Matt

In article <8703182042.AA14447@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>	Does this mean you reversed the pin numberings so normal expansion
>boxes can still be plugged into the A500?
>
>				-Matt

Hmmm, this must be respond to Matt day 8-).

Sliding the connector around the periphery of the case does *not* alter the
relative sense of the pin-numbering.  All one needs is an extender card about
an 1.5" long and little jack-stands for the keyboard.  If the device in
question is parasitic powerwise, you may need to supply external power.

Devices that obey the rules in the Amiga Expansion Architure document should
work.  Those that make unclean asumptions or ignore the worst-case timing
specifications may have problems, as they occasionally do on production A1000's.

thierbac@umbc3.UUCP (03/23/87)

In article <8703182042.AA14447@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>	Does this mean you reversed the pin numberings so normal expansion
>boxes can still be plugged into the A500?
>
>				-Matt

I think this means that the connector was not turned upside-down to put it on
the other side; instead, it was rotated 180 degrees.  Thus, when looking
directly at the expansion connector, if pin X was the leftmost pin on the
A1000, then it is still the leftmost pin on the A500.

For an illustration, take a serial cable connector and rotate it 180 degrees,
then flip it upside down, and notice the difference.

Ed Thierbach