[comp.sys.amiga] Gadgets in window borders

upl@puff.UUCP (03/26/87)

I am having a problem with gadgets inside of intuition that I'd like to
find either a solution for, or conformation that it is a known bug.

I am attempting to put gadgets inside of the border of a backdrop window
(The bottom border is what I am really after, but I've tried all 4).
When I set the BorderBottom,BorderTop, or BorderRight flags in the
ActiavtionFlags for the gadget, nothing happens. When I set the
BorderLeft flag, the left border widens out to contain HALF of the
gadget and various seemingly random things happen to the rendering of
the right border. I am working in HiRes mod.

 Anbody know what the hell is going on? I'm just about ready to give up
 on putting it in the border, shorten the window, and put the darn thing
 on the Custom Screen itself.

 Jeff Kesselman
 Currently: ihnp4!uwvax!puff!upl

papa@bacall.UUCP (03/31/87)

Jeff Kesselman writes:
> I am having a problem with gadgets inside of intuition that I'd like to
> find either a solution for, or conformation that it is a known bug.
>
> I am attempting to put gadgets inside of the border of a backdrop window
> (The bottom border is what I am really after, but I've tried all 4).
> When I set the BorderBottom,BorderTop, or BorderRight flags in the
> ActiavtionFlags for the gadget, nothing happens. When I set the
> BorderLeft flag, the left border widens out to contain HALF of the
> gadget and various seemingly random things happen to the rendering of
> the right border. I am working in HiRes mod.
>
>  Anbody know what the hell is going on? I'm just about ready to give up
>  on putting it in the border, shorten the window, and put the darn thing
>  on the Custom Screen itself.

I am using proportional gadgets, like the ones of intuition windows,
in high-res and with a backdrop, gimmezerozero window. This is what I use:

for the horizontal gadget (located on the right side):

GRELWIDTH, GRELBOTTOM
GADGIMMEDIATE, BOTTOMBORDER
GZZGADGET, PROPGADGET

for the vertical gadget (located at the bottom):

GRELHEIGHT, GRELRIGHT
GADGIMMEDIATE, RIGHTBORDER
GZZGADGET, PROPGADGET

Note that the horizontal gadget will have NEGATIVE topedge and width, while
vertical gadget has NEGATIVE leftedge and height.

Hope this helps.

-- Marco

Marco Papa            3175 S. Hoover St., Ste. 275            (213)747-8498
                         Los Angeles, CA 90007           USC: (213)743-3752
                             F E L S I N A
Now working for                 :::::::                           BIX: papa
But in no way                   ::   ::
Officially representing         :::::::          ...!usc-oberon!bacall!papa
                            S O F T W A R E             papa@usc-cse.usc.edu