[comp.sys.amiga] hide. file is not an ...

rouaix@inria.UUCP (03/26/87)

 there could be a problem when downloading the uuencoded file and/or when
editing it. Since i used a very simple version of uuencode for HIDE, it
appears that there are many spaces at end of lines. When you edit the message
from the newsgroup, you should remove the POSTER of course, but be sure that
the editor you use SAVES SPACES at end of lines.
Hope it helps.

flaps@utcsri.UUCP (Alan J Rosenthal) (04/01/87)

In article <423@inria.UUCP> rouaix@inria.UUCP writes:
>When you edit the message
>from the newsgroup, you should remove the POSTER of course, but be sure that
>the editor you use SAVES SPACES at end of lines.

You shouldn't edit the message.  Just type
"uudecode /usr/spool/news/comp/sys/amiga/1234" or whatever the file name of
the article is.  uudecode looks through for a 'begin' line.

By the way, uuen/decode with checksums is still available by e-mail from me...
it is completely compatible with the original uuen/decode.

--

Alan J Rosenthal

flaps@csri.toronto.edu, {seismo!utai or utzoo}!utcsri!flaps,
flaps@toronto on csnet, flaps at utorgpu on bitnet.

"Probably the best operating system in the world is the [operating system]
made for the PDP-11 by Bell Laboratories." - Ted Nelson, October 1977