[comp.sys.amiga] future ASDG products OR: WHY DOESN'T CMDR BUILD A "STANDARD" MMU

ugmiker@sunybcs.UUCP (04/01/87)

----NOW, why in the world would commodore want to build such a beast that would
----only seem to alienate more of the hardware and software developers for the
----Amiga line(oh, it is nice to have a whole line of computers to talk about).
----Why doesn't commodore work with some of it's main hardware developers(perry)
----and decide on a standard.  Now I know each person has a different idea of
----what a standard is, but why (except if you want to kill your company) would
----you design something that would hamper the third party expansion products
----of your computer. Maybe I am just thinking of the consumer, but with more
----companies building more products for a computer, that computer becomes a
----better investment.  But does commodore want to be the only company building
----expansion boxes for the amigas ????  If they do, they won't be helping thier
----own cause.

----Is this what commodore is afraid of ???  Another company making a buck ??
----I would think that having some other company porting operating systems to
----the amiga would be a plus for commodore, not a minus... More reasons to
----buy the machine.
>(is convergent technologies or unisoft listening?)
>
>Perry Kivolowitz

perry, as soon as I have the time to install the ram disk, I will send you the
cash, but until then, the code is just sitting around gathering dust, as a
student, I have no timeto do anything....ooooops, I am late got to go to class.

								mike(r)

        	             Mike Reilly                              //
U      U  BBBBBB   University of Buffalo Computer Science      AMIGA//
U      U  BBBBBB   csnet:	ugmiker@buffalo.CSNET             \/
U      U  B     B  uucp:	..!{nike|watmath,alegra,decvax}!sunybcs!ugmiker
 UUUUUU   BBBBBB   BITNET:	ugmiker@sunybcs.BITNET, v107ln7z@ubvmsa.bitnet