[comp.sys.amiga] jtime clock

mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu.UUCP (04/04/87)

From: gclark@utcsri.UUCP (Graeme Clark)
gclark@utcsri.UUCP (Graeme Clark) writes:

> Eventually I ended up completely redesigning it, with the result that
> I now have a clock which
>   --  works fine, as far as I know
>   --  adds only about 1 second to boot time
>   --  requires only a single program, CLOCK, whose executable is about
>       7K.
>
> This clock is slightly more complicated than the original (8 chips vs. 6),
> but still quite inexpensive.
>
> If people are interested in this design, I will get the schematic in
> machine-readable form, write some documentation, and post it.

Please do!  that would be a treat for us all.  I dread rebooting my
Amiga for fear of having to set the time.  I use a PD utility called
Timeset that lets me set the time with the mouse, but it would be nice
to be able to reboot the machine without my intervention.

					--M
--

Mike Portuesi / Carnegie-Mellon University Computer Science Department
ARPA:	mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu

"Amiga hackers do it graphically, with lots of sound effects"

"Mac owners dream in black and white
 Atari owners dream in color...
 but Amigoids dream using Hold and Modify!"