[comp.sys.amiga] Sunmouse ->A Utility

lachac@topaz.UUCP (03/30/87)

[This time I'm not going to ask whether there are interested parties,
						..the postmaster would kill me!]

I saw this on Plink, and BOOM, I remembered a discussion a while back on
SUN vs Intuition interface on the net, so here's Sunmouse.  If you like
the Sun way of "where pointer is, that's where you are", then this utility is
for you.

Again, I didn't write this (I don't have time, we undergrads are BUSY :-),
so I am not taking any credit.  It is shareware, so give the author his
due...

# This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line, then
# unpack it by saving it in a file and typing "sh file".  (Files
# unpacked will be owned by you and have default permissions.)
#
# This archive contains:
# read.me sunmouse.uue

echo x - read.me
cat > "read.me" << '//E*O*F read.me//'
	Sunmouse 1.0  (c) 1987 - Scott Evernden - 3/24/87

I call this program Sunmouse, since it makes the Amiga mouse behave
like the Sun Microsystem Sunwindows mouse.

With Sunmouse, you no longer have to 'click' in the window that you
want to type into; merely move the mouse pointer into the window,
and just start typing.

To start Sunmouse, simply:

	> RUN SUNMOUSE

causing this program's special input.device handler to be installed.

Sunmouse will only do its thing on the Screen it was started from, so
it won't interfere with programs opening cumstom screens.

To remove Sunmouse from the system, you can type:

	> SUNMOUSE anything-you-want

That is, the word SUNMOUSE followed by one or more characters.

-----------------

Report any problems to PLINK ID "SCOTT E"

-----------------

Sunmouse is shareware and may be freely distributed.
Contributions to:

	Scott Evernden
	9 Courtland Street
	Holliston, MA 01746

//E*O*F read.me//

echo x - sunmouse.uue
cat > "sunmouse.uue" << '//E*O*F sunmouse.uue//'
begin 644 sunmouse
M```#\P`````````#``````````(```)5````)@````$```/I```"54[Z!*Q(
MYW_^2.<`P&$(4(],WW_^3G5.50``3KH%!"!M``@,*``"``1F"#E\``&`8F!<
M2FR`8F=6(&T`"`PH``$`!&9*(FT`"`@I``<`!V8^+&T`"#`N``C`?`!09C`L
M;(!D(FX`/+/L@'1F(DZZ"$)![(`8*4B``BEM``B`&$'L@`(K2``(0FR`8DZZ
M"(P@+0`(3EU.=4Y5```O+0`(3KH$B%A/2,`O`"\M``A.N@7R+P!.N@7X3^\`
M#$AX``%(>@`43KH%W"\`3KH%XD_O``Q.74YU"@!.50``2JR`9&<*+RR`9$ZZ
M!>183TJL@&AG'B!L@&A*J``49PHO+(!H3KH%OEA/+RR`:$ZZ!M!83TJL@&QG
M"B\L@&Q.N@9,6$]*K(!P9PHO+(!P3KH&/%A/0F=.N@0(5$].74YU3E7_[$AZ
M`%I.N@=06$\I0(!P2JR`<&<P2FT`"&<:2&W_["\L@'!.N@>^4$](>@!`3KK_
M*EA/8`I(>@!(3KK_'EA/<`!.74YU2FT`"&<.2'H`3$ZZ_PA83W``8.AP`6#D
M4U5.34]54T4@4$]25`!3=6YM;W5S92!C86YC96QL960N`%-U;FUO=7-E(&%L
M<F5A9'D@<G5N;FEN9R$`4W5N;6]U<V4@:7-N)W0@:6YS=&%L;&5D+@!.5?_\
M0J=(>@$23KH$WE!/*4"`<$JL@'!F#DAZ`0Q.NOZ&6$].NO[`0J="ITZZ!+Q0
M3RE`@&Q*K(!L9@Y(>@$$3KK^9%A/3KK^GB\L@&Q.N@6$6$\I0(!H2JR`:&8.
M2'H!`$ZZ_D)83TZZ_GQ"IR\L@&A"ITAZ`0!.N@:$3^\`$"M`__Q*K?_\9PY(
M>@#W3KK^%EA/3KK^4$'Z_7HI2("6&7P`,X"-(&R`:#%\``D`'$'L@(0B;(!H
M(T@`*"\L@&A.N@7,6$\K0/_\2JW__&<.2'H`RDZZ_=!83TZZ_@I"ITAZ`-5.
MN@8N4$\I0(!D2JR`9&8.2'H`TTZZ_:Q83TZZ_>8@;(!D*6@`/(!T2'H`T4ZZ
M_9183TY=3G5354Y-3U5312!03U)4`$-A;B=T(&]P96X@4W5N;6]U<V4@<&]R
M="X`0V%N)W0@;W!E;B!I;G!U="YD979I8V4@<&]R="X`0V%N)W0@8W)E871E
M(')E<75E<W0N`&EN<'5T+F1E=FEC90!#86XG="!O<&5N(&EN<'5T+F1E=FEC
M92X`041$2$%.1$Q%4B!R97%U97-T(&9A:6QE9"X`:6YT=6ET:6]N+FQI8G)A
M<GD`0V%N)W0@9FEN9"!);G1U:71I;VXN`%-U;FUO=7-E(#$N,"!I;G-T86QL
M960N("`H8RD@,3DX-R`M(%-C;W1T($5V97)N9&5N`$Y5__P@;(!H,7P`"@`<
M0>R`A")L@&@C2``H+RR`:$ZZ!%Q83RM`__Q*K?_\9PY(>@`03KK\8%A/3KK\
MFDY=3G5214U(04Y$3$52(')E<75E<W0@9F%I;&5D+@``3E4``$)L@#)P`;"M
M``AL!'(!8`)R`#\!3KK\PE1/2D!F"$)G3KH`ME1/3KK]9B!L@'!P`!`H``]R
M`>&A+P%.N@2H6$].NO]>3KK\+DY=3G5A<$/L@#)%[(`RM<EF#C(\`!EK"'0`
M(L)1R?_\*4^`-"QX``0I3H`X2.>`@`@N``0!*6<02_H`"$ZN_^)@!D*G\U].
M<T/Z`"!.KOYH*4"`/&8,+CP``X`'3J[_E&`$3KK_4%!/3G5D;W,N;&EB<F%R
M>0!)^0``?_Y.=2!O``0@"$H89OR1P"`(4X!.=4Y5``!*K(!X9P8@;(!X3I`_
M+0`(3KH`"%1/3EU.=4Y5__PO!#`M``A(P"M`__Q*K(!`9RAX`&`*/P1.N@#0
M5$]21+AL@"YM\#`L@"[!_``&+P`O+(!`3KH#+E!/2JR`?&<&(&R`?$Z02JR`
M1&<*+RR`1$ZZ`2!83TJL@$AG"B\L@$A.N@$06$]*K(!,9PHO+(!,3KH!`%A/
M+'@`!`@N``0!*6<4+PU+^@`*3J[_XBI?8`9"I_-?3G-*K(!09C!*K(!49R@P
M+(!82,`O`"\L@%1.N@*T4$\P+(!:4D!(P.6`+P`O+(!<3KH"GE!/8`Y.N@**
M+RR`4$ZZ`PA83R`M__PN;(`T3G4H'TY=3G5.50``2.<.(#@M``@P!,'\``8D
M0-7L@$!*1&T*N&R`+FP$2I)F$#E\``*`8'#_3-\$<$Y=3G4P*@`$P'R``&8(
M+Q).N@`*6$]"DG``8.`B+P`$+&R`/$[N_]Q.^@`"+&R`/$[N_\1.^@`"3.\`
M#@`$+&R`/$[N_]`B;P`$+&R`.$[N_CY.^@`"(F\`!"QL@#A.[OYB3E4``$CG
M""!(>/__3KH`T%A/*`"PO/____]F"G``3-\$$$Y=3G5(>0`!``%(>``B3KH!
M8%!/)$!*@&8,+P1.N@&V6$]P`&#6)6T`"``*%6T`#P`)%7P`!``(0BH`#A5$
M``]"ITZZ`6!83R5``!!*K0`(9PHO"DZZ`%I83V`*2&H`%$ZZ`7Y83R`*8)).
M50``+PHD;0`(2JH`"F<(+PI.N@&T6$\5?`#_``@E?/____\`%'``$"H`#R\`
M3KH!.EA/2'@`(B\*3KH!&E!/)%].74YU(F\`!"QL@#A.[OZ>("\`!"QL@#A.
M[OZV3E4``$AX`#`O+0`(3KH`&E!/3EU.=4Y5```O+0`(3KH`3%A/3EU.=4Y5
M```O"DJM``AF"'``)%].74YU2'D``0`!+RT`#$ZZ`&!03R1`2H!F!'``8.`5
M?``%``@U;0`.`!(E;0`(``X@"F#*3E4``"\*)&T`""`*9@8D7TY=3G45?`#_
M``@E?/____\`%"5\_____P`8<``P*@`2+P`O"DZZ`%903V#23OH``DSO``,`
M!"QL@#A.[O\Z2.<#`")O``PL;(`X3J[^.$S?`,!.=2)O``0L;(`X3N[^>D[Z
M``(B;P`$+&R`.$[N_MI.^@`"+&R`.$[N_WQ.^@`"(F\`!"`O``@L;(`X3N[_
M+B`O``0L;(`X3N[^L"!O``0@B%B00J@`!"%(``A.=2!O``1,[P(!``@B+P`0
M+&R`.$[N_D1.^@`"+&R`.")O``0@+P`(3N[]V"QL@#A.[O]V3.\#```$+&R`
M.$[N_I(B;P`$+&R`.$[N_I@B;P`$+&R`.$[N_H8@+P`$+&R`.$[N_L(`````
M`^P````!`````0``!2(````````#\@```^H````,``````(``&C`````````
M```````````````"``#H@```````````````````%``````#\@```^L````!
$```#\@``
`
end
//E*O*F sunmouse.uue//

exit 0
--
		"Truth is false and logic lost..."
					- Neil Peart

bret@hi.UUCP (04/06/87)

In article <10537@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) writes:

>Sunmouse will only do its thing on the Screen it was started from, so
>it won't interfere with programs opening cumstom screens.

This is incorect!!

I have noticed the following:
     If you have a custom screen open on top of the workbench
      (or more likely the screen you started sunmouse on. hmmm..)
      (ie. part of borkbench is obscured by another window in front
      of PART of it), sunmouse doesn't work. Now if the custom screen
      is fliped behind the workbench sunmouse starts working. BUT
      now sunmouse also works on the custom screen(for better or
      worse!)

     Here is a simple test:
       1) Start up sunmouse. ('1> run sunmouse')
       2) Start up any program that opens a new screen.
       3) Throw that new screen behind the workbench.
       4) Try selecting any window on the workbench (it should work)
       5) Now pull down the workbench to reveal the new screen.
	   Try selecting a window on the new screen. ( you can! oops.)
       6) Now bring the new screen forward and pull it down so
	   you can still get to the workbench. Now try selecting
	   a window by typing into it. (nothing should happen)

Now for the bad part....
     Have a custom window on top of the workbench when you start
      sunmouse. Now things are complete reversed. The custom screen
      must now be on top everything else for sunmouse to work. And
      yes when it does work it does work on all the screens.

Oh, this is all under kick 1.2. I don't know about kick 1.1.
Just thought I would let everyone know that the sunmouse documentation
is not quite correct.
Bret K. Thaeler		     ARPA: thaeler@hc.dspo.gov  |          /// Amiga
College of Enginering, UNM   UUCP: hc!thaeler           |         /// user
Professional Student                                    |   \\\  ///
(505) 277-4497                                          |    \\\///  And dam
I instinctively used the Vulcan death grip.             |     \///  proud of it

dpz@paul.UUCP (04/07/87)

*sigh*.  It also does not function when moving the cursor with the
keyboard commands, which makes it downright inconsistent.

						dpz
--
David P. Zimmerman     %     rutgers!dpz     %     dpz@rutgers.edu