[comp.sys.amiga] baited breath

grr@cbmvax.UUCP (04/07/87)

In article <693@atari.UUCP> neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) writes:
>description you give, it is too soon to be baiting your breath.

Not to knock Neil (nor intentionally commmit a net offense), but...

	bated breath - is holding your breath
	baited breath - you need heavy duty mouthwash

Of course this creeps into the Amiga group from time to time also often
lending a degree of unintended humor to the posting involved...

john@viper.UUCP (04/08/87)

In article <1635@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP>
grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:

 >Not to knock Neil (nor intentionally commmit a net offense), but...
 >
 >	bated breath - is holding your breath
 >	baited breath - you need heavy duty mouthwash
 >
 >Of course this creeps into the Amiga group from time to time also often
 >lending a degree of unintended humor to the posting involved...

  I suppose we really should take the time to listen when robins
take the time to tell us about the correct usage of worm breath... B-)

---
John Stanley (john@viper.UUCP)
Software Consultant - DynaSoft Systems
UUCP: ...{amdahl,ihnp4,rutgers}!{meccts,dayton}!viper!john