[comp.sys.amiga] Very Vivid,500,2000

foy@aero.UUCP (04/10/87)

In article <437@inria.UUCP> rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) writes:
>I went today to the SICOB (a kind of french CES).
>I saw a demo from Very Vivid soft called The Mandala.
>I have no words to describe it: it is plainly fantastic.
>an object on the screen then an  action is done (real-time).
>I can't describe all the demo (it is a few minutes long with many effects)
>but if you have any occasion to see it, Don't (DON'T) miss it.

I sure hope that some one on the net creates something like this, with source,
and gets it on a Fish Disk.

Richard Foy

ccplumb@watnot.UUCP (04/11/87)

foy@aero.UUCP (Richard Foy) says (in <9895@aero.ARPA>):
>In article <437@inria.UUCP> rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) writes:
>>I saw a demo from Very Vivid soft called The Mandala.
>>I have no words to describe it: it is plainly fantastic.
>
>I sure hope that some one on the net creates something like this, with source,
>and gets it on a Fish Disk.

If you can, great!, but you're not gonna catch *me* trying.
(Also, that demo you saw is 2 disks executable+data.  It might not
fit on `a' Fish disk. :-))

First of all, it requires a real-time (at least 30 frames/sec) video
frame grabber.  This is the easy part. VV is working on a one-bitplane
one that goes 60 frames/sec.  They hope to get it down to $300.

Secondly, the Mandala is a *lot* of work.  I heard 2 years
solid programming, and some number before that designing it.
Do you have that much spare time?
--
	-Colin Plumb (watmath!ccplumb)

Silly quote:
There's going to be hell and high water to pay.