[comp.sys.amiga] Look Ma, no blitter

miner@ulowell.UUCP (04/10/87)

In article <5919@ism780c.UUCP> tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
>The Mac II will also let you do 256 colors as 1 byte plane.  This
>can make bitblt very easy to write ( look Ma, no shifting! ).
Write, you mean in software? ---^   How primitive :-)

Sorry about that, please no flames, the MAC-II has great _display_ hardware
available as add on boards; just like Sun's, Apollo's...$$$

--
Rich Miner  ULowell-Cntr for Productivity  !ulowell!miner  617-452-5000x2693

kinner@wsucshp.UUCP (04/11/87)

     Anyone who has been around for 5+ years will have to be familiar with the
     funny compromises made in microcomputer video systems.  The Apple II,
     with 8 colors, but they can't all appear at once, or in adjacent pixels,
     the Commodore 64, where 8x8 blocks of pixels shared the same foreground/
     background color nybble.  The list goes on and on.

You mean like HAM? *-)

tim@ism780c.UUCP (04/14/87)

<     Anyone who has been around for 5+ years will have to be familiar with the
<     funny compromises made in microcomputer video systems.
<
<You mean like HAM? *-)

Just be glad Mattel isn't making computers.  The way they did video on
the Intellivision ( I wish I could remember how to spell that... ) makes
everything anyone else has done look reasonable.

You haven't suffered unless you have worked on a video game on a GI 1600
cpu, using a GI STIC video chip...

The only thing worse was some of the proposals for the Intellivision 3.
--
Tim Smith			"Hojotoho! Hojotoho!
uucp: sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim	 Heiaha! Heiaha!