[comp.sys.amiga] Rumour Check

philip@dalcsug.UUCP (04/16/87)

In article <3453@udenva.UUCP> pbrody@udenva.UUCP (Paul Brody ) writes:
>#define(Reality.off)
>
>1. An Atari ST emulator for the Amiga is under development and will be
>released relatively soon.

I'm not impressed.  Relative to what?

>2. There is an Apple IIe emulator for the Atari ST, and there may be one for
>the Amiga, except that it will also handle IIgs without all the sound.

  Sounds good but I think that it would be a hardware thingy not software -
it takes alot of CPU time to emulate a 6502 (boy that sounds weird :-) I have
a partially working 6502 emulator in 68000 assembler that I MIGHT be able to
get up to 40% speed of a 1 MHZ 6502, subtract from that the time it would
take to emulate all of the graphics calls etc and you would end up with the
equivalent of a .1 MHZ Apple ][!  I am not saying that it isn't possible,
but if it can be done, then I tip my hat to the genius who can do it.

>3. A company called Humter systems is developing a program that will run IBM
>PC software at 100% native speed of 68000 machines, and has alreday been
>demonstrated working on the MacIntosh.

See above.  Do you mean that it will emulate a 7.12 MHZ 8088? or a 4.17 MHZ
8088?  I know next to nothing about 8088 assembler so I don't know how hard
it would be to emulate.  Maybe a 4.17 MHZ emulator is possible (with hardware)

>#define(Reality.on)
>
>Well, does anyone know anything ?

No, not really, I'm only guessing.

Peter Philip