[comp.sys.amiga] uuslave ?

eric@ulysses.UUCP (03/26/87)

Is anyone out there already working on porting the Gnu uuslave
to the Amiga? I don't want to recreate any effort...

Thanks,
Eric

--
ARPA:	Lavitsky@RED.RUTGERS.EDU
UUCP:	...ulysses!eric

wpd@bacchus.UUCP (03/27/87)

In article <2371@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> eric@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Eric Lavitsky[hmm]) writes:

>Is anyone out there already working on porting the Gnu uuslave
>to the Amiga? I don't want to recreate any effort...

I have completed step 1 in the PORTING document.  That is, it will compile
without errors.  I sent the diff's off (hopefully to the right place :-))
My thesis will decide if I can do more with it.

               | Patrick Doyle            (617) 253-3261 (msgs) |
               | MIT, E40-358                or 225-8467 (home) |
	       | (617) 253-4231 (work)     410 Memorial Dr.     |
               | wpd@athena.mit.edu        Cambridge, MA 02139  |
               | ...{decvax,ihnp4}!mit-eddie!mit-athena!wpd     |
               |________________________________________________|

jmsynge@sqm.dec.com.UUCP (03/28/87)

I too have completed the first part of the port (phase 0).  This step is
doing the minimum necessary to get uuslave to compile.  I did so by simply
creating a #ifdef section at the beginning which #include's the appropriate
<files> and does a few needed #define's.

I've also written all of the routines need to interface with the serial port.
I will be attempting to test these today.

I've sent in the phase 0 diffs to John Gilmore and shall also be sending my
file of Amiga specific code as soon as it compiles.  (We can worry about
getting things to run later :^)

James M Synge
decwrl!sqm.dec.com!jmsynge

andy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (04/20/87)

Before I even think of looking at the code, I'd like to know
if anyone else is porting this program to the Amiga.

(Duplication of effort so seldom makes sense; thought I'd ask first)

send me mail if possible; I'll post a summary.
		thanks,
		andy
--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore/Amiga		 /or/ pyramid!amiga!andy }

"Do not meddle with the affairs of wizards, for it makes them soggy and hard
to light."