[comp.sys.amiga] Mistaken Author for Melt

gregor@tikal.Teltone.COM (Gregor Harrison) (04/21/87)

[There once was a man from Verdun...]

Fred Fish announces:
>Disks 59-68 are now released.
>[...]
>-Fred
>CONTENTS OF DISK 66
>-------------------
>[...]
>Melt		Another display hack from the master himself...
>               Includes source.
>               Author:  Leo Schwab
			 ^^^^^^^^^^
I'm sure it's just an oversight, but melt was actually written by
Steven B. Coy.  The section of code to copy the workbench bitmap was
taken from Leo's Tilt ( A true masterpiece. )  The melting part was
Steve's invention.  Before Tilt came along, he had it melting a look-
alike of the fields demo.  This program used additive colors instead
of the subtractive ones used in fields.  Closing the screen caused it
to melt away.  Steve is now working on a *fast* 3-D display program
using shaded polygons.

Anyway, the number of errors Fred has made are insignificant compared to
the amount of things he has done for the Amiga.  Keep it up Fred!
#include <standing.ovation>

Gregor Harrison
  EMAIL:  {uw-beaver, fluke}!tikal!gregor -or- gregor@tikal.Teltone.COM
  DISCLAIMER:  "All opinions found above are my personal property,
             and not that of Teltone Corp."

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) (04/21/87)

In article <678@tikal.Teltone.COM> gregor@tikal.UUCP (Gregor Harrison) writes:
>>Melt		Another display hack from the master himself...
>>               Includes source.
>>               Author:  Leo Schwab
>			 ^^^^^^^^^^
>I'm sure it's just an oversight, but melt was actually written by
>Steven B. Coy.  The section of code to copy the workbench bitmap was

Yes, the author is indeed Steven Coy.  Not sure how this snuck into the
README file.  I've corrected it as follows in my disk catalog:

	Melt	Another display hack, inspired by Leo's display hacks.
		Includes source.
		Author:  Stephen Coy

There was one other error in the posting:

Med		Yet another Amiga text editor.  This one lets you edit up
		to 36 files simultaneously and makes extensive use of
		the mouse.  This is version 2.1, binary only, shareware.
 correction->	Author:  Regis Vaillant

Sorry 'bout that folks.  Tax time and all...

-Fred
--
= Drug tests; just say *NO*!  (Moto just announced new drug testing program)  =
= Fred Fish  Motorola Computer Division, 3013 S 52nd St, Tempe, Az 85282  USA =