[comp.sys.amiga] Bug in MicroEmacs V1.1

stergios@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Stergios Marinopoul) (04/23/87)

I have found a bug in MicroEmacs V1.1 that was released in the Enhancer.

Heres what you need to do to reproduce it:

	emacs filename

	before doing any editing split the screen.

	select a new buffer for the top window, say temp.

		has been done so the cursor is at the top left of the bottom
		window) and copy a region of any length (for this example
		use two lines.)

	kill and yank it back.

	go to the top window and yank the selection there too.

	what, you say you can't see it?  Neither can I!  Do another yank,
		and another.

	Save the file in the top window; the file in the temp buffer,
		to newfile.

	Quit emacs.

	Run emacs newfile.

	Tada!  There are 3 copys of the region you cut from the origonal
		file.

The lines I copied where two #include statements if it matters.

Can anyone else verify this please?  This is the first problem I have ever
encountered using microemacs, and at that, no biggie.  Just thought I'd
pass it along.

Stergios Marinopoulos
S&M Engineering

--
% UUCP:         !decwrl!rocky.stanford.edu!stergios			%
% ARPA:		f.flex@othello.stanford.edu				%

stergios@rocky.UUCP (04/23/87)

In article <264@rocky.STANFORD.EDU> stergios@rocky.stanford.edu (Stergios Marinopoulos (thats me)) writes:

>I have found a bug in MicroEmacs V1.1 that was released in the Enhancer.

Tom Rokicki sent me a note this morning as folollows;

	That's not a bug.  After the yank, do an <ESC>-v.  There's the
	text!  The window is just displayed at the bottom.  -tom

Thanks Tom. And I hope this doesn't cause to big a stir.  ( I still think
I should not have to do the <ESC>-v, ..., oh well, lets not start
any of that)

Stergios Marinopoulos
S&M Engineering