[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga date bug?

billk@pnet01.CTS.COM (Bill Kelly) (04/20/87)

There seems to be a bug in the date/time stuff on the Amiga...
One day I accidentally saved my preferences with the date set at December 31,
1999 -- late at night.  Well, it flipped over to January 01, 2000.  (It lists
it like: 01Jan00 or when running the shell like: 01Jan100

Here's the problem: No matter what I've done:  Used DATE, used Preferences --
anything!  Whenever I boot back up, It hasn't saved the new date I've given it
 -- It still thinks it's living in the year 2000. Normally I'd just sigh and
find a good System-configuraton file, copy it to my disks and forget about it
-- except that I finally found some really neeto colors and created a
*wonderful* pointer so I copied this to all of my System-configurations --
BEFORE I discovered the date bug.  Oh well, I guess I'll try using diskzap on
a System-configuration and see I can find the date anc change it...

Anyone else noticed this problem????                            Bill Kelly

{akgua, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax}!crash!pnet01!billk

gary@mit-eddie.UUCP (04/29/87)

In article <1028@crash.CTS.COM> billk@pnet01.CTS.COM (Bill Kelly) writes:
>There seems to be a bug in the date/time stuff on the Amiga...
>One day I accidentally saved my preferences with the date set at December 31,
>1999 -- late at night.  Well, it flipped over to January 01, 2000.  (It lists
>it like: 01Jan00 or when running the shell like: 01Jan100
>
>Here's the problem: No matter what I've done:  Used DATE, used Preferences --
>anything!  Whenever I boot back up, It hasn't saved the new date I've given it
> -- It still thinks it's living in the year 2000. Normally I'd just sigh and

The problem is that when you boot up, the system looks for the latest date
on any file on your system disk and sets the current date to that.  So, to
solve your problem, simply change the date on all files on your system
disk that have this bogus date to a more reasonable one (using SetDate I
think).

	Gary