[comp.sys.amiga] tiling vs stacking

gary@eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) (04/30/87)

In article <304@mcdsun.UUCP> fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:

>Given sufficient screen area, I prefer the tile desktop.  On my Amiga at
>home, I use stacking out of necessity.  On my Sun-3 at work I usually have
>two or three 80 column wide windows open next to each other, in which I
>do the majority of my work.  I like to be able to see everything at once
>without resorting to moving things around.  Maybe this is partly because

Fred, I guess you've never used an ENFORCED tiling system like Microsoft
Wierdos or you would have learned of the major feature(:-) of tiling -
when you make a window larger, all the others get smaller!  So you can
never set up your workbench (or desktop, or whatever) and just pull whatever
you're interested to the top but must actually resize everything EACH AND
EVERY time you want to look around!

This system is absolutely unacceptable...

	Gary