[comp.sys.amiga] What happened at Commodore?

gary@mit-eddie.UUCP (04/29/87)

Come on guys, what happened at Commodore last week?

The stock price dropped almost 3 points because of it!!

In article <5650@eddie.MIT.EDU> gary@eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) writes:
>Come on guys, what happened at Commodore last week?
>
>The stock price dropped almost 3 points because of it!!

	Well, since you ask, here is the official press release which
is about as far as I care to comment at this time.

 ----

        NEW YORK, NY, April 23, 1987 -- Commodore International
Limited announced today that its Board of Directors has elected
Irving Gould, the company's Chairman, as its Chief Executive
Officer.  The company also said that the management of its U.S.
operations has been revamped.

        Principal U.S. management changes include the appointment of
Alfred Duncan as General Manager of U.S. operations and Richard
McIntyre as General Sales Manager for U.S. operations.  Mr. Duncan
had previously servecd in manager positions for Commodore's Canadian
and Italian subsidiaries.  Mr. McIntyre was previously manager of
the Canadian subsidiary.

        The companay also said that Thomas Rattigan, who had been
President and Chief Executive Officer, has resigned and has
commenced a lawsuit against the company claiming that the company
has breached his employment contract by materially diminishing his
duties and responsibilities.  The company termed "wholly without
merit" Mr. Rattigan's lawsuit and his claim that his employment
contract has been breached.

        Mr. Gould commented, "I look forward to ensuring strong
leadership at all significant levels of management, particularly to
strengthen the sales function and establish expanded distribution
in the U.S.  I am confident that these actions will improve
operating efficiency and provide important momentum for our U.S.
business to complement the continued strong performance of our
European oprations."