[comp.sys.amiga] Need a special RGB connector for a projection TV...

gary@eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) (04/29/87)

<>

Do any of you have experience hooking your Amiga up to an RGB TV?

Specifically, I'll be hooking my Amiga up to a projection TV (Sony 1020 I
think) and am wondering if there are any pitfalls.  Also, the necessary
pinout for generating analog R, G, B, and sync would be very helpful.  Since
I'm no hardware type, I'd also appreciate any info on the length of cable
that the Amiga can drive, and whether it should be specially shielded, or
whatever else you video gurus think.

I'm a little worried because I have heard from the shop I'll be renting the
TV from that Commodore came to Boston with cable in hand, prepared to do
just this but were not successful and ended up using the composite output
instead.  I'd hate to have to do that!

	Thanks,
	Gary

In article <5636@eddie.MIT.EDU> gary@eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) writes:

>Do any of you have experience hooking your Amiga up to an RGB TV?
>
>Specifically, I'll be hooking my Amiga up to a projection TV (Sony 1020 I
>think) and am wondering if there are any pitfalls.  Also, the necessary
>pinout for generating analog R, G, B, and sync would be very helpful.  Since
>I'm no hardware type, I'd also appreciate any info on the length of cable
>that the Amiga can drive, and whether it should be specially shielded, or
>whatever else you video gurus think.

	I don't think you should have any problems, as long as you get
ahold of the projection TV ahead of time and make sure you have the
right connector and can test it out.

	The Composite sync and analog RGB should be capable of driving
a resonably long cable say 10-25 feet without any degredation that would
be noticable on a projection TV.  Don't make it any longer than you have
to, though.