[comp.sys.amiga] Abel Supply inquiry

blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) (04/22/87)

  Has anyone dealt with a mail order outfit called Abel Supply?
I got their "catalog" in the form of a text file from a local BBS last
night. Their prices are very good, if they are also reliable and quick,
it looks like they'll be hard to beat for Amiga goodies.

 It seems that their only advertizing is on BBS's, at least I've never
seen any other ads. Other than a nine page price list, below is the
only information supplied about Abel Supply:

*                If You Can't Find It.......Contact SYSOP!!                *
*                              <<< OR >>>                                  *
*         Call ABEL SUPPLY!! During Regular Business Hours!!!!!            *
*         Store (Voice) (615) 428-5100    BBS (Modem) (615) 453-0643       *
*            Prices Subject To Change (Commonly Down...Rarely Up!!)        *

 I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has dealt with them, I hope that
Abel Supply is for real! (BTW, their tentative prices on the A500 and
A2000 are $480 and $1163!)

 Just to be crystal clear, I have no connection with Abel Supply, I'm
just looking for more information.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland
UUCP Address:   {ihnp4,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!blgardne

ali@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Ali Ozer) (04/25/87)

In article <65@esunix.UUCP> blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) writes:
>  Has anyone dealt with a mail order outfit called Abel Supply?

Yes, a friend of mine ordered from them twice, with his VISA card...
The first time he got his order in 8 days, the second time in 2!
He is very pleased with them, and their prices are outrageously low.
He just placed his third order, a few days ago, for DigiView, for $121.

Ali Ozer, ali@rocky.stanford.edu

schwager@uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu (04/29/87)

> /* Written  6:48 pm  Apr 24, 1987 by ali@rocky.STANFORD.EDU in uiucdcsm:comp.sys.amiga */
> /* ---------- "Re: Abel Supply inquiry" ---------- */
> In article <65@esunix.UUCP> blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) writes:
> >  Has anyone dealt with a mail order outfit called Abel Supply?
>
> Yes, a friend of mine ordered from them twice, with his VISA card...
> Ali Ozer, ali@rocky.stanford.edu
> /* End of text from uiucdcsm:comp.sys.amiga */

So do tell.... how do we get ahold of these guys?
-mike schwager
-- {ihnp4,convex,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!schwager   schwager%uiuc@csnet-relay.arpa
	University of Illinois, Dept. of Computer Science

mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) (04/30/87)

I have a copy of the entire Abel supply list that I downloaded from a
local BBS.

I thought about posting it here, but with the recent wave of dissent
against commercial use of this forum I've decided against it (unless
all of you really want to see it...send me Email).

In any case, you can contact Abel Supply via the following phone
numbers (the file didn't give an address):

(615) 428-5100 (voice)
(615) 453-0643 (modem)

geez, I wish I had some money.  They have the C-Ltd 50 meg drive for
$1182.57.  oh, well, guess I get to wait for ASDG instead :-)

--

Mike Portuesi / Carnegie-Mellon University Computer Science Department
ARPA:	mjp@spice.cs.cmu.edu

"Amiga hackers do it graphically, with lots of sound effects"

"Mac owners dream in black and white
 Atari owners dream in color...
 but Amigoids dream using Hold and Modify!"

hbo@ucsbcsl.UUCP (Howard Owen) (05/02/87)

Mike Schwager wants to know how to get in touch with Abel Supply. They are
in Tennessee somewhere. Their order number is 615-428-5100, and they have a
bbs at 615-453-0643. I just ordered TDI Modula-2 from them. I'll report any
problems that may arise.

--
Howard Owen, Programmer/Analyst                PHYSNET: SBPHY::HBO
University of California, Santa Barbara        BITNET: HBO@SBITP