[comp.sys.amiga] Gould to replace Rattiken

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (04/29/87)

Hi,

I just heard that the Commodore board of directors gave Rattiken
the boot and replaced him with Irwin Gould.  Supposedly, Mr. Gould
has stated that marketing and distribution of the Amiga should be
more focused and agressive.  (Yea!)

Unfortunately Rattiken is mad, and isn't going to allow himself to
be replaced without a fight (boo!)

Anybody in netland have a reaction?  Maybe C-A'll hire Tom Petty
after all...

  --Bill

Bill Mayhew
The Mad Science Torture Dungeon
Northeastern Ohio Universities' College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH  44272  USA    phone:  216-325-2511
(wtm@neoucom.UUCP    ...!cbatt!neoucom!wtm)

bakken@tahoma.ARPA (Dave Bakken) (05/03/87)

In article <558@neoucom.UUCP>, wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I just heard that the Commodore board of directors gave Rattiken
> the boot and replaced him with Irwin Gould.  Supposedly, Mr. Gould
> has stated that marketing and distribution of the Amiga should be
> more focused and agressive.  (Yea!)
>

> Anybody in netland have a reaction?  Maybe C-A'll hire Tom Petty
> after all...

The April 27 issue of EE Times (p. 1,8) says:
----
   But Gould is anxious to get Commodore back in a leadership position, he
continued.
   "He definitely wants to strengthen dealer networks", Young said.  Plans
include an advertising campaign to be designed by Griffin and Bacall (New
York), creators of the succesfull media blitz for Hasbro toys, said Young.
----

Could it be true???  Might we actually get something more than BW pictures
of schoolchildren and stills of King Tut?  They might even show
off the elegant user interface and make the layman and businessman
understand what multitasking is and how it can be a powerful tool. (gasp!!)
As we in netland know, the machine sells itself given half a chance.
Perhaps Griffin and Bacall will give it that.  Sounds too good to be true
but lets see.

Dave Bakken
Boeing Commercial Airplane Company
Flight Simulation Lab
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!shuksan!tahoma!bakken
(206) 237-5890

My views are my own, not my employer's.  Don't let them deter you from
buying the 747 you've been saving hard for.