[comp.sys.amiga] Gravity Wars, and BUG found

ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP (Daniel Jay Barrett) (05/04/87)

In article <308@mcdsun.UUCP> fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:
>> These programs are uuencoded using the program from Fish disk 53.
>
>Yes, and it worked like a champ.  I got "checksum error line 1439"
>when I uudecoded the concatenation of parts 2 and 3 (after chucking
>headers).

	I got no error, but I used the uudecode on an earlier Fish
Disk (before disk #40; I forget the number).  Nice game!

	I did find a BUG in GravityWars.  If you launch a missile,
and you press <RETURN> before the missile has travelled its full path,
you go into an infinite loop.
	GravityWars seems to think that I am hitting <RETURN> constantly,
for every prompt for "Angle" and "Velocity".  I guess that the <RETURN>
is sitting in a buffer somewhere, constantly being read and re-read.
---
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP
		barrett@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa