[comp.sys.amiga] Reality Check: MagicSac for Amiga

[ The Commodore 1541 drive:  Transfers data faster than you can type it! ]

	Back in the Atari newsgroup (remember them?), in a rather longish
article, an interview with Dave Small (creator of the MagicSac; lets the ST
run Mac software) revealed that they will apparently be coming out with a
version of MagicSac for the Amiga.  Can anyone confirm this?

	Not that I care, you understand... :-)

Leo L. Schwab				ihnp4!ptsfa!well!ewhac
The Guy in The Cape				..or..
					well ---\
"Work FOR?  I don't work FOR		dual ----> !unicom!ewhac
anybody.  I'm just having fun."		hplabs -/       ("AE-wack")

cmcmanis@sun.uucp (Chuck McManis) (05/05/87)

In article <2995@well.UUCP>, ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) writes:
> 	Back in the Atari newsgroup (remember them?), in a rather longish
> article, an interview with Dave Small (creator of the MagicSac; lets the ST
> run Mac software) revealed that they will apparently be coming out with a
> version of MagicSac for the Amiga.  Can anyone confirm this?
> Leo L. Schwab				ihnp4!ptsfa!well!ewhac

When I talked with Dave at the West Coast Computer Faire he mentioned that
there were plans to do an Amiga version of the Magic Sac. He was looking
for some programmers who new the Amiga display better than he did since
his expertise is apparently in the 'porting' process rather than the
implementation process. (Basically, he didn't want to spend 3 months
learning the ins and outs of the Amiga just for one project).

Maybe you should call this guy Leo.

--
--Chuck McManis
These views are my own and no one elses. They could be yours too, just

phillip@cbmvax.UUCP (05/05/87)

in article <2995@well.UUCP>, ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) says:

> 	Back in the Atari newsgroup (remember them?), in a rather longish
> article, an interview with Dave Small (creator of the MagicSac; lets the ST
> run Mac software) revealed that they will apparently be coming out with a
> version of MagicSac for the Amiga.  Can anyone confirm this?
   I talked to the person (don't remember a name) who was supposedly doing the
Amiga version (more than 6 months ago). He left the impression that he was
getting under way. I have not heard from him since. He said it was being sold
as a MAC enhancement "buy a ST and our package and make your MAC run faster..."
for legal reasons.

-phil
Phillip (Flip) Lindsay - Commodore Business Machines - Amiga Technical Support
  UUCP: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!phillip      - Phone: (215) 431-9180
  No warranty is implied or otherwise given in the form of suggestion or
  example. Any opinions found here are of my making.