[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Libraries

jmsynge@sqm.dec.com.UUCP (05/05/87)

rpics!guilford (Jim Guilford) writes:
>   I was thinking that a large part of binaries tends to be large chunks of
> library code such as printf and its associated luggage. I was thinking that
> it may not be too bad of idea to make most of these large "add-ons" into a
> real amiga-style library, and then have all programs share it.

> ... Has this been done before?

	Yes, it has, though the info hasn't been extensively distributed and
the examples have not been very clear (a lack of comments).  I've gathered
all examples I could find, and now know the inner mysteries of shared
libraries on the Amiga.

	My test library works both on 1.1 and 1.2, using Aztec 3.2a and 3.4a
respectively.  There is a slight difference due to register protection being
slightly better (though still incomplete) in the latter version of the compiler.

	I still have a bug in the expunge code, so I'll hold off posting for
a few days.

James Synge

USENET:  {decvax, ucbvax, allegra}!decwrl!sqm.dec.com!jmsynge
ARPAnet: jmsynge%sqm.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM

hadeishi@husc7.UUCP (05/06/87)

Note:

	I hope you made you stdio libraries Lattice compatible,
i.e., along the same design lines as other Amiga libraries.

					-Mitsu