[comp.sys.amiga] Where's Tech Support?

mark@unisec.usi.com (Mark Rinfret) (05/01/87)

Bob Page's message re Kim Montgomery ("red rain falling"(?)) has me curious.
The first week of March, I sent in an order to CBM Tech Support for the
Native Developer's Upgrade Kit and the IFF Documentation kit (along with a
$40 check).  The Upgrade Kit arrived fairly promptly, being shipped to me
on March 17.  I have yet to receive the IFF stuff, though I sent in a
"reminder" letter with a copy of my cancelled check.  I sent e-mail to
Carolyn - got no reply (though I know I have a hard-to-reach address).  I
tried calling Tech Support, listened to an endless loop tape recording
for 9 minutes (can't wait to see the long distance charges!) and gave up.
Anyone know what's going on?

Mark

Mark

--
| Mark R. Rinfret, SofTech, Inc.		mark@unisec.usi.com |
| Guest of UniSecure Systems, Inc., Newport, RI                     |

rossi@cbmvax.UUCP (05/05/87)

In article <488@unisec.usi.com> mark@unisec.usi.com (Mark Rinfret) writes:

>Bob Page's message re Kim Montgomery ("red rain falling"(?)) has me curious.
>The first week of March, I sent in an order to CBM Tech Support for the
>Native Developer's Upgrade Kit and the IFF Documentation kit (along with a
>$40 check).  The Upgrade Kit arrived fairly promptly, being shipped to me
>on March 17.  I have yet to receive the IFF stuff, though I sent in a
>"reminder" letter with a copy of my cancelled check.  I sent e-mail to
>Carolyn - got no reply (though I know I have a hard-to-reach address).  I
>tried calling Tech Support, listened to an endless loop tape recording
>for 9 minutes (can't wait to see the long distance charges!) and gave up.
>Anyone know what's going on?

The IFF Documentation was on Back Order.   It arrived last week and the
BO's were processed.  According to the ship list, your IFF Documentation
was shipped on 4/29/87.  You should be recieving it any day now.  For
future reference - Kim Montgomery is no longer with the company - All
mail that was to be addressed to her in the past should now be addressed
to the Attention of Lauren Brown.

Lisa Rossi-Siracusa		Commodore Business Machines
				uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!rossi
				arpa: cbmvax!rossi@seismo.css.GOV
				or    rossi@cbmvax.UUCP@{seismo|harvard}
				tel : (215) 431-9180
--  a mime is a terrible thing to waste --

UD118191@NDSUVM1.BITNET (05/07/87)

Mark:
      Are you sure that Carolyn at Amiga Tech support is responsible for

getting the IFF Kit to you? I orderd one once, and although I talked to her
about it, the order was through a different person out at CBM. Be careful in
who you deal with and point the finger at out at CBM!