[comp.sys.amiga] Where is CATS? and Multiple Environment Computing

hadeishi@husc7.HARVARD.EDU (Mitsuharu Hadeishi) (05/03/87)

	We haven't heard much from CATS since the Rattigan episode.
This is making me (and presumably the rest of the net) a little nervous.
I want to see Carolyn's, Andy's, George's, or SOMEBODYs byline on a
net article SOON.  We want to know CATS is still healthy and going
full blast.  It had better be.

				-Mitsu

P.S.  I'd also like some comments on the compatibility issue.  I realize
it is risky, but it is a lot cheaper to design a new, clean OS
(read: DOS) than it is to design a new computer, and the result is
pretty much the same, especially if you design the new OS to be
able to handle multiple graphics output devices and higher-speed,
higher-bandwidth processors and buses.  And us old Amiga owners
can take advantage of the cleanness of a new, beautiful OS, although
all applications will have to be re-written to some extent.  Hopefully,
this will only mean re-writing the file-handling part, since we
all love Exec/Intuition and would like it to remain pretty much as
is (except perhaps for the addition of a device-independent graphics
library, i.e., one that doesn't rely on the current blitter hardware,
but has generalized commands that are translated into the proper commands
for the hardware being used, like Color QuickDraw II on the Mac II.)

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (05/07/87)

In article <1836@husc6.UUCP> hadeishi@husc7.UUCP (Mitsuharu Hadeishi) writes:

>	We haven't heard much from CATS since the Rattigan episode.
>This is making me (and presumably the rest of the net) a little nervous.
>I want to see Carolyn's, Andy's, George's, or SOMEBODYs byline on a
>net article SOON.  We want to know CATS is still healthy and going
>full blast.  It had better be.

   We're still here.  We're just extremely busy.  We've all had to pick up
additional responsibilities.  And the phones/email/nets have been especially
heavy this week.

                                     / / /
                                    / / /
                                   / / /
                                  / / /
                                 / / /
                           \ \ \/ /
                            \ \ \/

Carolyn Scheppner -- CBM   >>Amiga Technical Support<<
                     UUCP  ...{allegra,caip,ihnp4,seismo}!cbmvax!carolyn
                     PHONE 215-431-9180