[comp.sys.amiga] Posting of CSNEWS 'AMIGA' discussion, entry #190.

CSNEWS@MAINE.BITNET (CSNEWS CSBB Processor) (05/01/87)

For the past year or so I have been reading most of the net postings
that have been forwarded to USU by some kind individuals out *there*,
but may have missed some. So please forgive this note if it turns out
to be redundant.  I am extremely interested in the "Tower of Power"
section of "Whats New" from the may/june AmigaWorld magazine.  This
looks similar to the "Turbo-Amiga" box CSA was advertizing at least a
year ago... now modified to look like a A2000 expansion box.  My
question is this:  Has *anyone* used this (these) products?  If so,
how do you like them?  The thought of plugging in an 020/68881 board
in and running at 10 Mhz is a very nice one 8-).  Incidentally, isn't
$1200+  a bit much for a box with slots in it attached to a cable?
If someone would comment on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
  J. Norman Gee   Student (sort of)
Arpanet: NGEE%USU.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Bitnet:  NGEE@USU
Do I need a disclaimer for this?
===============================================================y the f a

hah@isum.intel.com (Hans Hansen) (05/07/87)

In article <45CSNEWS@MAINE> CSNEWS@MAINE.BITNET (CSNEWS CSBB Processor) writes:

>This
>looks similar to the "Turbo-Amiga" box CSA was advertizing at least a
>year ago... now modified to look like a A2000 expansion box.  My
>question is this:  Has *anyone* used this (these) products?  If so,
>how do you like them?  The thought of plugging in an 020/68881 board
>in and running at 10 Mhz is a very nice one 8-).  Incidentally, isn't
>$1200+  a bit much for a box with slots in it attached to a cable?
>If someone would comment on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
>  J. Norman Gee   Student (sort of)

Gee, I don't know about you but we have been thinking about upgrading
a DEC 11/23 to an 11/73... $18,000.00.  And a 68020 runs circules around
the 11/73.  No, based on what the box consists of and what can be plugged
into it, I would say that your getting a very cost effictive upgrade to
a very under priced computer.

Hans