[comp.sys.amiga] Bug in Amiga C-Kermit

urjlew@ecsvax.UUCP (05/12/87)

Reposted without permission from Info.Kermit.digest v6 n10.

 Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1987 00:50 CST
 From: Ian Horstmeier <HORSTMIH@UREGINA1>
 Subject: Bug in Amiga C-Kermit

 Subject - Re: Using VT100/KERMIT and IBM systems
 Summary - The fix for C-Kermit

The reason that C-kermit on the Amiga doesn't work with the IBM, is because
the parity is not set!  I got my version of C-Kermit from kermserv@cuvma
on BITNET, and it still contains this bug.  In the CKICON.C module, look
in the connect mode function.  In about the middle of it, there is a call
to the output a character function ttocq(c).  This needs to be changed to
ttocq(dopar(c)).  There! It now works with IBM and sets parity correctly.
According to the comments in the code, Kermit does its own parity checking
and the serial.device is always in 8 bit no parity.  I always use kermit on
the mainframe and the vax.  One thing you will notice is that the standard
amiga keymap does not generate codes to be compatible with anything!  I am
in the process of writing a keymap module for amiga c-kermit to make it look
like a vt100.   Good luck!
                                                              Walter Reed

UUCP :  ihnp4!umn-cs!ndsuvax!ncreed
Bitnet: ncreed@ndsuvax  OR NU105451@NDSUVM1

[Ed. - Thanks for the fix -- it's been added to CKIKER.BWR.  Further reports
would be appreciated.]

  I don't think this reposting should offend the original poster,
the Info.Kermit.Digest editor, the net police, or the net vigilantes.
But if it does I profusely apologize in advance.