[comp.sys.amiga] ST emulator?

spietrow@atlas.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) (05/09/87)

Just just heard a rumor that some place in England is working on an ST
emulator for the Amiga.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Steve

S. R. Pietrowicz
UUCP: ...!{seismo,sun,pur-ee,brl-bmd}!gould!houligan!spietrow
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer.

yuan@uhccux.UUCP (Yuan Chang) (05/13/87)

In article <282@atlas.UUCP> spietrow@atlas.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) writes:
>Just just heard a rumor that some place in England is working on an ST
>emulator for the Amiga.  Does anyone know anything about this?

     That won't be hard!  Throw away 3,000+ colors, write to the disk in
sectors, pop in a MIDI interface, throw away a few voices, port over GEM
(and make sure that it bombs at 40 folders), and make sure that you don't
get NSTC output from the video.

Disclaimer: Of course, this is meant as a joke :-).  Any interpretation of
            message beyond its original purpose is responsibility of the
            author...  Etc, etc...
--
UUCP: {ihnp4,seismo,ucbvax,dcdwest}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!yuan
ARPA: uhccux!yuan@nosc.MIL                        INTERNET: yuan@UHCC.HAWAII.EDU

schein@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Dan Schein SUPPORT) (05/14/87)

>In article <282@atlas.UUCP> spietrow@atlas.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) writes:
>Just just heard a rumor that some place in England is working on an ST
>emulator for the Amiga.  Does anyone know anything about this?

 The company making this item is called AIR LTD. and they are from England.
I spoke with a rep. yesterday (05/13) and he told me that they will begin
shipping in England on May 29 and in the USA (this is hopefully) sometime
in June. This is a software emulator that will run "All well behaved ST
programs". (Quote - theirs not mine) Cost will be 50 pounds british. I was
also informed of a hardware board that would be available for an extra
100 pounds britsh. This hardware board has a 68010 and math co-processor
and is installed inside your AMIGA 1000. With this board you can run "99%"
(again Quote - theirs not mine) of all ST software and also multi-task
AMIGA programs. I didnt ask if you could multi-task with the software only
part, but I kind of dought it. I will be receiving both for review in the
next few weeks, so when/if it arrives and there is enough intrest - I will
post the review.

--
   Working for, but in no way officially representing